Hacking Gamecube ISO version checker

DaFees

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I have a simple question: Is there a tool/utility out there that will tell me what version of the game my Gamecube ISO is? For example I know that Super Smash Bros Melee had more than one version (1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and PAL). Yes I know you can look at the actual, physical disc itself to find out the answer but what do you do when the disk isn't handy.

I also know other games like Pikmin and Metroid Prime have more than one version. This just made me think, is there a list out there of which Gamecube games have more than one version?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use romcenter/clrmamepro and download the dat file from redump.org to verify, that is if you dumped your copy 1:1.

DaFees

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use romcenter/clrmamepro and download the dat file from redump.org to verify, that is if you dumped your copy 1:1.

Sadly, my dumps have since been compressed to save space. So either there has to be another tool or I am out of luck it seems?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the ISO with MadEdit or another hex editor and look at 0x07. (Row 0, column 7). That's what it is for Wii discs and I'm pretty sure it's the same for GameCube. Check with a revision of Melee or something to be sure.

There are command-line tools that can automatically display the version number (by telling them where to find it on the iso), but you'll have to set up the command yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr