GameCube ISO quesion

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Skye, Jul 21, 2007.

Jul 21, 2007

GameCube ISO quesion by Skye at 10:27 PM (1,198 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Skye
    OP

Newcomer Skye Member

United States
    Hey all. I recently burned a couple of games for my Wiikey-modded Wii and I've had a problem with Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. For both of them the bottom 1/3 of the screen is black, and it looks like the game is higher up the screen than it should be. Has anyone heard of this problem? Am I just burning the game incorrectly or have I missed something out? Thanks for your time.

2. kokiri_link

Member kokiri_link GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've had the same problem with REmake.
    I'm running a pal console with Wiikey. Not sure of the games region :/
    Its only this game its happened with too :s

Also using component cables on a 19 inch Samsung 90mw tv if this matters. Oh and also...how comes gamecube games that support 480p arent displaying in 480p on my tv? When i check the TV settings its says 480i, even when the supposedly 480p cube games are forced into 480p through GCOS.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i had the exact same problem, with resident evil 4 pal (tiny tiny letter box picture) and pokemon XD gale of darkness, to solve it use a freeloader/action replay and boot the game after, it will force it into full screen.

i think it's definitely the Wiikey modchip that's causing it because my resident evil 4 for the cube used to boot in full screen perfectly before i installed. also when i first played starfox adventures ntsc that had a huge border at the bottom, i then tried the pal version and that booted in full screen, so it's definitely a Wiikey problem.

also just as you boot a gamecube game press and hold B and message should appear asking if you wanna display in progressive scan mode, be careful with this option as some games don't like it and will freeze.

4. kokiri_link

United Kingdom
    Awesome! ^^, but how do you get an action replay working on wii? Mine just refuses to boot, il try the progressive thing tomorrow! [​IMG]

5. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    if you have a Wiikey installed it should boot fine, just put the action replay in load it up, select freeloader from the option swap disc with the game you wanna boot and let it load and it should be in full screen, and yes some games support progressive scan mode and some don't you just will have to experiment a bit, i know resident evil 4 has it, i don't know about remake as i ain't played that game in a while.

edit: what version of action replay do you have? and is it the compatible one for the Wii or a older version? if you are having problem pm me and i will arrange something.

6. kokiri_link

United Kingdom
    Ah i see! Come to think of it, i don't think I've ever actually tried the old action replay in my chipped wii. I'll give it a go, maybe this wiikey update will fix this issue >=[

7. jalaneme

United Kingdom

yes it does, my older action replay would not boot before i had the wiikey installed and now it directly boots now.

8. nathan026

Newcomer nathan026 Member

Australia
    I had the same problem with Tales of Symphonia, and also had some other video bugs with my openwii Chiip.
    I used a GCOS Disk to boot it, and that fixed it.