LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP!!!
I have these DVD+RW mini disc from memorex and well, every time I burn a ISO to them from my Mac the Wii wont pick up on them. I know that the disc work because I have my copies of "WWE Day of Reckoning 2" and "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" burned on the same type of disc (they came from the same package). I heard of booktyping DVD+R type disc. if that is the case, how would I go about doing that on my Mac?

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
Wait, you have +RW? The Wii can't read rewritable disks.

he could be referring to a logo on the disc. many disc are not re-writable but have a RW logo on the disc itself. I know my sony DVD's do.
biggrin.gif

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Matt93 said:
Wait, you have +RW? The Wii can't read rewritable disks.

My Wii has no trouble reading my Verbatim 8x +RWs. I've never tried any -RWs.

I do have a modchip - but I don't see why a +RW booktyped to DVD-ROM wouldn't work if a +R does, as long as it's of sufficient disc and burn quality.

QUOTE(purechaos996 @ Feb 10 2009, 10:47 AM) he could be referring to a logo on the disc. many disc are not re-writable but have a RW logo on the disc itself. I know my sony DVD's do.
biggrin.gif

All +R, +RW and +R DL discs do. It's the logo of the DVD+RW Alliance, which developed the +R, +RW and +R DL standards. The DVD Forum (the normal DVD logo people) didn't approve of the +R standards and stuck with their own -R standards. That's why -R discs have the DVD logo and +R discs have the RW logo.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDES!!!! I have DVD+RW mini disc.

1) YES they work in the Wii like I said earlier that my GameCube backups of "Day of Reckoning 2" and "Twilight Princess", burned on these SAME type of disc work on my Wii.

2) The issue is, those games were burned on a Windows based PC with Nero and Nero, automatically booktypes "DVD+" type disc.

3) I CANT afford to buy any more disc and why would I buy more disc when I have 6 DVD+RW minis that work perfectly well???

4) ALL I NEED TO KNOW is how to burn my Gamecube backups on my Mac with a "DVD+" type disc.

5)Nuff said...

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LightyKD said:
3) I CANT afford to buy any more disc and why would I buy more disc when I have 6 DVD+RW minis that work perfectly well???

If DVD-Rs are that expensive, use your original discs, not the backups.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bhavinjpatel said:
Hey man i have a macbook pro with OSX on it and most mac's have superdrives in them....and for that u can not set booktypes....sorry to say....

My Mac is actually a "hackintosh" (P.C. Running OSX natively) and I have a LiteON drive in mine
smile.gif

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* Some of you guys are dense. Couple of You guys failed to realize that he's using a Mac and he's gotten the same types of discs to work on other games....

Anyways, "obtain" a copy of Roxio Toast. It's the equivalent to Nero for Mac's. I'm not 100% sure if it supports the setting of booktypes

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it's a pc, install a multi boot system with WinXP, for all stuff not working on MAC OS natively. Without the bitsetting the discs are not supposed to work.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
dl and install a .exe compatibility layer like darwine(it's the mac version of wine for Linux) or crossover then download imgburn or nero disc speed set booktype and vola!

That's a good idea!!! I'll use imgburn with crossover
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the idea!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte