Gamecube Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TudorBlue, Apr 26, 2011.

1. TudorBlue
    OP

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2007
    Im on a softmodded wii ann Im looking to try other stuff on my console. Is it possible to play GC game backups through an external hdd as I can wii games through usbloader GX? Thanks in advance guys

2. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Only with WODE

3. TudorBlue
    OP

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2007
    Thats me screwed then [​IMG]

4. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    depends how old / new your wii is, and what drive it has fitted.
    If its an older type, you can play GC backups with Neogamma
    If its a newer one, you could always use SDboot / swiss

5. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Or Wiikey Fusion (Cheaper)

6. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    There are a lot of options now.

WODE seems to be the most popular, but it's also expensive, about $70-80 USD. It emulates the dvd drive so you connect your HD to the docking station and the wii reads it just as if it was a disc. It also has Wifi streaming, but it's still in beta and you need to buy a special dongle for another $25.

FlatMii lets you to load games from your PC. You install the chip, then connect it directly to a usb port on your computer, and play it from there. You need to have a PC close to your wii, but it's under $40.

D2SUN has a bunch of interesting chips you might want to check out too.

WiiKey Fusion is the cheapest one I can find, but it only allows loading from an sd card, not a HDD.

You can also use swiss
    all you need is a sd gecko, or an IDE-EXI adapter. The IDE-EXI adapter doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere, but you can make one your self. The you can get an unofficial sd gecko for only $3.70 on dealextreme, the reviews say it works fine, and it supports SDHC