Hacking Gamecube games to Wii - DVD+RW Media

CKeegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have seen a number of topics regarding burning gamecube ISO's to the Wii and I understand how to do so, however I have a problem;
The disk I am using is of DVD+RW media. I have seen that you should change the book type to DVD-ROM for any kind of DVD+R disk, but I cannot do so in ImgBurn as the disk I use is not on the menu (I use Packard Bell).
Is there another programme I could use or a method I should do?

Thank you.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... DVD-RWs work perfectly fine. I used them all the time for SSBB modding before it became possible to load off of an SD card.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moosehunter said:
Um... DVD-RWs work perfectly fine. I used them all the time for SSBB modding before it became possible to load off of an SD card.

Maybe it worked for that game. But most of the time, it's better to use a DVD-R.

CKeegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, to be honest I wasn't expecting such a response.

The truth of the matter is that I have very few DVD-R (I just managed to find one) disks, so my choice is either DVD+R or DVD+RW.
Seeing as I can now get rid of DVD+RW from the list because they won't work, I've now only got DVD+R's. Now, how would I change them to be compatible in ImgBurn?

Most of these DVD+R disks are by Imation, if it helps.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CKeegan said:
Thanks for the replies, to be honest I wasn't expecting such a response.

The truth of the matter is that I have very few DVD-R (I just managed to find one) disks, so my choice is either DVD+R or DVD+RW.
Seeing as I can now get rid of DVD+RW from the list because they won't work, I've now only got DVD+R's. Now, how would I change them to be compatible in ImgBurn?

Most of these DVD+R disks are by Imation, if it helps.

click the little book icon in imgburn and change the booktype to dvd-rom and that should make the +r's work just fine.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used dvd+r's for gamecube game, and they work.
I didn't know how to set book type either so I just burnt them without setting it and they worked.
I think it does it automatically

CKeegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, now I'm having an issue.
I burned the ISO to a DVD-R disk so it should be working fine - yet it is still not loading on the disk screen.
Also, if I put it back into my laptop it doesn't work properly; on the properties menu it says that no space has been used... And none is free either.

How do I sort this out?

CKeegan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't use NeoGamma, haven't got a USB or SD Card.

Guys seriously, I have got no clue why I'm unable to back-up my games. I've tried DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, burned with ImgBurner at different speeds, and it's just not being read.
I do not get it. :S

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install cIOS56rev20 and the cMIOS from this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

Then try to load your discs with the latest NeoGamma. If it says that you can't use DVD-Rs, you can't use DVD-Rs. If you get it to identify a disc even once, then your wii is capable of reading DVD-Rs, and the problem is the discs, the burner, what or how you burn.

XFelixX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using Miltigame ISO creator to create an img of more than one game? if so, then ive heard that the newest one (4.x.x) has been known not to work.
im hoping thats my problem, im just about to try again using multigame ISO creator 3.5.4 with NTSC DVD9, DVD-R at 4x speed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arrrrggh. Use single layer DVD-R discs. Nothing else. DVD-RWs are bad, so are dual layer discs.

But you are right about the multi iso creator, the latest doesn't work with NeoGamma or WiiGator's GC loader. If it's completely broken, i can't say, i don't have a softmodded GC to test. I know that MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+ works with NeoGamma, and the bug that all discs created by it are PAL doesn't matter at all when using NeoGamma. It might matter when booting it standalone, with a modchip from the disc channel though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended