Gaming Gamecube games remade for Wii?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seeing how great Resident Evil 4 is with the new controls, what else would you like to see remade for Wii with motion controls?

I obviously would like to see Metroid Prime 1 & 2. They could do it just like they'll with Metroid Prime 3.

Also Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion would work well imho.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't think there should be any more sequels/wiimakes for the wii - the wii needs really good original games, rather than regurgitating the same old thing console after console. New games would better use the wii controls than any wiimake should.

I can't think of many games on the GC that would support the Wiimote effectively, bar the sports games

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not against any GC games coming over to the Wii as a lot of classics were ignored and deserve a bigger audience. Theres a few Japanese titles that never made it to English speaking shores as well that I'd like to see. Would love to see the likes of Giftpia come over to the Wii.

Can't say I'm into all these PSP/PS2 titles as most aren't really that great anyway, but saying that its never a bad thing seeing more titles head to the Wii regardless of their roots.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There aren't that many games that could be improved with the wiimote, the first/third person shooters are obvious, but at the moment alot of devs are either not used to the system or lazy.
We should be looking more to what can the Wii do to existing and new genres/IPs rather than what it can do for old, especially last gen, games.

A remake of a game that was released in the previous generation shouldn't be even thought of unless it can actually bring something new. Like Resident Evil on the gamecube.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
*Killer 7
That's my most wanted title too. I still haven't played it though I'd love to. It's not like I haven't got a Gamecube or something, I just haven't got the game
tongue.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not that many memerable GC were ever released. Sequels will be way better. Resident Evil 4 was just another cash in for capcom. If I was nintendo I would have told them were to stick the game on the wii and not let them release it. I still haven't forgot that Resident Evil 4 was meant to be exclusive and eventually released on the PS2. Capcom to me were responsible for killing the GC.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that many memerable GC were ever released. Sequels will be way better. Resident Evil 4 was just another cash in for capcom. If I was nintendo I would have told them were to stick the game on the wii and not let them release it. I still haven't forgot that Resident Evil 4 was meant to be exclusive and eventually released on the PS2. Capcom to me were responsible for killing the GC.
At least Capcom bothered making games for the GC! Can't say that about most publishers during the few years of the GC life.

Blame Nintendo for their poor marketing, ideas that don't appeal to the none hardcore, no online gaming and many other things they failed to do. Thankfully they've realised what went wrong and have the success of the Wii.

XxTRIFORCExX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo will probably make some during a drought or next year (As we are getting are big 3 this year and are other big title came last year (MP3, SSBB, SMG and Zelda TP)). I think we could see:
Killer 7
Legend of Zelda Windwaker
Metroid Prime 1 / 2
Pikmin 1 / 2
Super Mario Sunshine
MAYBE Geist

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
killer 7
Metroid prime
Metroid Prime Echoes
Wind Waker (wide screen alone would be awesome)
Super Mario Sunshine (again wide screen alone, but I guess controlling fludd could be cool)
pikmin 1 and 2 would be cool also

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What's wrong with MP 1+2 as it is? We don't need no wiimote controls thanks. Same thing goes with the other Nintendo lead franchises.

Now Killer 7, that would be a fine candidate, but the game is pretty meh. Pikmin is a no-brainer. How about Ikaruga too?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will probably make some during a drought or next year (As we are getting are big 3 this year and are other big title came last year (MP3, SSBB, SMG and Zelda TP)). I think we could see:
Killer 7
Legend of Zelda Windwaker
Metroid Prime 1 / 2
Pikmin 1 / 2
Super Mario Sunshine
MAYBE Geist
I proper remake of Geist would be great, get rid of the slowdown and add some online play and it'll be a great game instead of a flawed one.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never really liked any GC games except for Wind Waker. If they're going to re-make anything, it should be A Link to the Past using the TP engine.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never really liked any GC games except for Wind Waker. If they're going to re-make anything, it should be A Link to the Past using the TP engine.

I hope you mean Ocarina of Time? Or do you really mean the SNES title? I somehow don't think that porting that to a truly 3D environment would work all that well.

QUOTE(Redsquirrel @ Jun 4 2007 @ 11:16 AM)i want new games
yes.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
lttp would translate fine to 3d, it is the building block of zelda games remember

only thing is dungeons would be kinda simple in 3d, seeing as the puzzles were designed in 2 dimensions etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.