Hacking Gamecube games problem(ISOs with garbage taken out

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some Gamecube ISOs and the nfo files say the garbage data has been taken out to make a smaller size. It says it needs AC loader 1.5 and not bootable. I burned it to a DVD and try to load but I just get a black screen. No go with GCOS either... how can I play Gamecube those ISOs?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
Really ? I made a multiboot GCOS DVD with only trimmed games and all work fine.

Yeah GCoS Multiboot was made to be used with shrunken images, if you read the guide it actually gives you programs that shrink the images for you! i wonder if just burning the iso (as a datafile) on a dvd and then loading it via gcos multiboot would work, i can't see why it wouldn't

I tried FSTFIX last time i had a bad image, i never got it workin for me, but i also think i had a bad initial dump. Let us know how you go, when i had this problem i just gave up and moved on!

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I burnt a copy of Zelda: Four Swords which was only about 260MB. I haven't got a Gamecube controller yet so can't test the game, but it loaded fine and the intro played correctly.

Will it encounter problems later during the game, or is it probably going to be fine?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Unless you're using a multi-iso disc, it's always best to use FSTFIX (get the GUI for it) on any ISOs that aren't the correct size.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Zelda Four Swords seems to be an exception as it's - for some reason - actually written like a normal disk, starting from the middle outwards. I have no idea why that is, but you can easily check it by opening a dump of it in a Hex-Editor.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using FSTFIX. From what i believe is it makes trimmed GC games go back to thier default size.

Thanks, I used FSTFIX 1.5 and it fixed them!
laugh.gif

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
A question, when using FSTFIX, will it work even if we don't specify the option to pad the images back to original size? For use with multigame discs. Or is it better to pad them back to full size and use the shrinker again? (I wouldn't think so)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E