Gamecube games problem(ISOs with garbage taken out

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by avatarx, Mar 23, 2007.

Mar 23, 2007
  1. avatarx
    OP

Newcomer avatarx Advanced Member

United States
    I have some Gamecube ISOs and the nfo files say the garbage data has been taken out to make a smaller size. It says it needs AC loader 1.5 and not bootable. I burned it to a DVD and try to load but I just get a black screen. No go with GCOS either... how can I play Gamecube those ISOs?

2. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Try using FSTFIX. From what i believe is it makes trimmed GC games go back to thier default size.

3. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    What jaxxster said - you need to rebuild the image for use as an iso or else it won't work.

4. DiNo29

Member DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    Really ? I made a multiboot GCOS DVD with only trimmed games and all work fine.

5. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah GCoS Multiboot was made to be used with shrunken images, if you read the guide it actually gives you programs that shrink the images for you! i wonder if just burning the iso (as a datafile) on a dvd and then loading it via gcos multiboot would work, i can't see why it wouldn't

I tried FSTFIX last time i had a bad image, i never got it workin for me, but i also think i had a bad initial dump. Let us know how you go, when i had this problem i just gave up and moved on!

6. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wouldn't it be a little better to use a compression program (I like 7zip) to keep the images small? Then you can easily restore them to their original size later.

7. seank

Newcomer seank Member

Australia
    I burnt a copy of Zelda: Four Swords which was only about 260MB. I haven't got a Gamecube controller yet so can't test the game, but it loaded fine and the intro played correctly.

Will it encounter problems later during the game, or is it probably going to be fine?

8. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Nope wont be a problem. i burnt the same copy of the game which was only 200mb odd. Its working fine.

9. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Unless you're using a multi-iso disc, it's always best to use FSTFIX (get the GUI for it) on any ISOs that aren't the correct size.

10. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Zelda Four Swords seems to be an exception as it's - for some reason - actually written like a normal disk, starting from the middle outwards. I have no idea why that is, but you can easily check it by opening a dump of it in a Hex-Editor.

11. avatarx
    OP

Newcomer avatarx Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks, I used FSTFIX 1.5 and it fixed them! [​IMG]

12. ssj4android

Member ssj4android GBAtemp Regular

A question, when using FSTFIX, will it work even if we don't specify the option to pad the images back to original size? For use with multigame discs. Or is it better to pad them back to full size and use the shrinker again? (I wouldn't think so)