gamecube games on the wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by shemmy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. shemmy
    OP

shemmy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2007
    do the wii and gamecube games have to be the same region to play, or can i use US cube games on a european wii?

2. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    The Gamecube games will only work on their specific region Wii (ie, US cube game in US Wii), but you can get a freeloader to get around this. It will have to be the right version freeloader to work on a PAL Wii though.

EDIT:

Freeloader compatibilty (according to Play-Asia):

Multi-region Freeloader (1.0B) - JPN Wii
    JPN region Freeloader (1.0B) - JPN Wii
    US region Freeloader (1.0b) - US Wii
    PAL region Freeloader (1.0E) - PAL Wii

3. shemmy
    OP

shemmy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2007
    just the info i was looking for. thanks.

4. Cinos

Cinos Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2003
    Scotland
    Thats odd, I have the original one, the first release of freeloader. The manual says its version 1.0European, which seems to be the same version as they used to test it on a pal system, yet it doesn't work for me. Any tips on this?

5. accolon

accolon GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2003
    Gambia, The
    Currently there's NO version of Freeloader or Action Replay that works on European PAL Wiis. I got a confirmation about this from BigBen, who are distributing the Datel discs in Germany.

According to BigBen, a PAL Wii compatible version of AR will be released shortly, I don't know about a new Freeloader.

6. siflir

siflir Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2006
    waiting for it [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice