Hacking Gamecube games don't run from disc channel

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a homebrewed Wii (4.1E). It also has a Wiikey installed for a long time ago.

I hadn't noticed until now, but since upgrading to 4.1E all gamecube games stopped running from the disc channel. If i insert one into the drive, the wii will go to the "please eject disc, turn off, and refer to manual" screen. The only way i can run them is through Gecko OS.

So is there anything I have to install to get the GC games running from the disc channel once again? All help is appreciated =D Sorry if this is a common question.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, reinstalling the MIOS should do. Get it though NUSD, or look for the Gamecube Backup Launcher which installs a custom MIOS that loads GC backups (you alredy have Wiikey so you can load backups already, but installing MIOS this is easier if you don't know how to use NUSD)

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok awesome! =D so if i just install the gamecube backup launcher normally, that should allow GC games to run from the disc channel? nothing else i need to tweak?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure what davidsl is saying is that if you run the GC Backup Launcher once, it should let you run games from the Disc Channel.

Or you could try the bonus mIOS from cIOSCORP 3.5.

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i installed GC Backup Laucher by following these instructions:

QUOTE said:
1. Copy directories "miospatcher" and "rungcbackup" to your SD card into the "apps" directory.
2. If you don't have a internet connnection with your Wii, you need to copy only one MIOS version to the SD card (see chapter "Offline Installation").
3. Put SD card into the front slot of your Wii.
4. Start Homebrew Channel
5. Run MIOS Patcher and press A (GC controller).
6. Insert your GameCube disc.
7. Run GC Backup Launcher and press A to start game (GC controller).

Note: If you want to start a game from the Wii disc channel, you need to enable
support for Wii Backup Launcher by pressing button X in step 5. You can use rebooter
from the Wii Backup Launcher to test it.

But it still doesn't work. I am getting the same problem as before. Also, even when I try and run the game through the GC Backup Launcher, it gets an error. "error 53100 ready" or something. =/
Any help?

gir489

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem, too.

Install IOS70 from cIOSCORP and make sure you use PriiLoader to boot IOS70.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have any preloader hacks or start patch hacks in place? try disabling the force disk region hack. it's caused many bizzar issues for many people. it's quite a nasty patch.

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gir489 said:
I had this problem, too.

Can anybody explain to me how I do this? I was once knowledgeable with all this stuff... but I seem to have forgotten everything =S
So yeah, all help is appreciated =)

EDIT: I have PriiLoader installed. I am on 4.1E. So how do I install IOS70 from cIOSCORP and boot it with PriiLoader? Thanks =D

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mistle said:
gir489 said:
I had this problem, too.

Can anybody explain to me how I do this? I was once knowledgeable with all this stuff... but I seem to have forgotten everything =S
So yeah, all help is appreciated =)

EDIT: I have PriiLoader installed. I am on 4.1E. So how do I install IOS70 from cIOSCORP and boot it with PriiLoader? Thanks =D

If you already have priiloader, check what hacks you have enabled first and disable some of those if there are any other than the skip disc update check.

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only other ones I have enables are "skip health warning" and "replace health warning with back menu".
Disabled them both, still didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM