Gamecube game resets to Wii menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Subtle Demise, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009
  1. Subtle Demise
    OP

Member Subtle Demise Entitled and Ungrateful

United States
    I have an original, non-backup version of PSO Episode 3 and after I get past the License Agreement and the Time/Date confirmation it just resets to the Wii menu. There is something wrong with my MIOS or something somehow, but I don't know how. I uninstalled the cMIOS patch and the rungcbackup and all that crap but it's still not working. I even installed the official MIOS afterwards. ( I just ran the wad with wad manager, but I wonder if I should use a MIOS installer?) Nintendo claims the Wii has 100% compatibility, but is that just not true or something? I would use my gamecube for just this game but it won't read any discs. [​IMG]
    '
    I posted this here because I'm pretty sure it's because of my backup loaders that it's not working.

2. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If your Wii doesn't play the game even with latest official mios then I would call their support.

3. Subtle Demise
    OP

United States
    Yeah I was thinking about doing that but I wanted to make sure it's not my fault first. The latest mios is v10 isn't it?

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u have a nand backup, I would restore your earliest one, and check to see if the game loads then.

and if u don't have a nand backup from b4 any softmods... then u broke the cardinal rule to softmods, which is make a nand backup right from the start!

Posts merged

yea, v10 is the latest, but i heard that there isn't much difference between v8 and v10, you may want to test out both

5. Subtle Demise
    OP

United States
    Well I did the softmod at my friend's house way before I knew anything about NAND backups and what not. I'm gonna keep messing around with this thing to see if i can get it to work. I'm sure there's still some gamecube related stuff I need to get rid of.

6. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This was so easy when the Twilight Hack came out... I don't know when you started modding the Wii but when I started there was no good way of backing up and restoring the NAND.

7. Subtle Demise
    OP

United States
    Hey guys guess what I'm really stupid. My 10 year old brother fixed it for me lmao. The game was trying to go to the GCN calendar settings. But yeah problem resolved, thanks for the help though lol.

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    lmao, i guess thats what little brothers r there for!

9. Subtle Demise
    OP

United States
    Lol yeah I thought the game was asking me if the time was correct, but it was really asking if I wanted to set the time. Hahaha

10. fishykipper

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    haha, thats hilarious!!
    you shouldn't skim over the text, lol