oxidius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I basically wanted to know what is the current "best" way to play gamecube titles with gamecube controllers and the mayflash w012 adapter.

From what I understand there are 3 main possibilities.

1. gamecube title injections (I think this is the way the custom titles from wii u usb helper are done right?)
2. Running nintendont from the wii u homebrew channel
3. Running nintendont from the vwii homebrew channel (or a wii loader)

IMO gamecube title injections are handy because they are stored in the same wiiu external HDD.
But from what I've tried it looks like some games do not load well, I tried the usb helper mario sunshine "custom title" and I get black screen on start or after the intro video.

I'm not too sure about the controller support either, I've read that the first controller must be the gamepad, but I'm not too sure about it.

Now, for the other 2 options, if I don't want to have to swap hdds, it looks like I would need to play the gc isos from my sd card.
It's not really a problem, but it looks like the vwii loaders support for sd card is a bit limited. I've seen some thread talking about wiiflow and cfg loader, but I wasn't sure if this applied to vwii or only wii.

Anyway, I'd like to read about how you guys setup your wiiu for playing your gamecube titles.

Thanks.

edit: shit, just realized I posted to the wrong forum.

Last edited by oxidius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)