Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys.

I've been having issues loading a specific gamecube game, and I have done tons of searching on google to no end.

This site seems to have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful users, so I thought I would ask here.

I am trying to play Eternal Darkness, yet I keep getting an error when I start the game.

It loads fine, but when the Poe quote appears on the screen (about 4 seconds in or so) the game freezes and says

"An error has occurred. Please turn the power off and check the Nintendo Gamecube instruction manual." or something like that.

Wiigator is also saying:

"Failed to read dvd 263
Error 0x53100 ready"

Not sure what that means, because the game still loads.

I am using DVD-Rs (good quality)
I always burn at x1 speed, and have tried multiple burns/different disk brands
I have tried NTSC version of the game and the PAL version, both get the error in the same spot

I am running a 4.2E softmod with all the old IOSs intact (All my other GC backups and Wii backups work)
I am using wiigators gcbackuploader (0.2) as well as neogamma r7 (rev 14)
I have also updated to cMIOS v10 that was released recently (Although I tried to run the game with the older/official version of this and got the same error)

Any help/advice would be awesome!

Thanks in advance

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hatsu said:
Well you've tried every single thing I was gonna say!

Haha I know, I have tried to do everything I can possibly think of
frown.gif

Thank you for the reply though.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blitzer320 said:
has anyone else gotten the game to work if not tell waninkoko maybe he'll get around to fixing it if its a bug in the cmios check to see if the retail game works in a retail wii

Well, according to the "Gamecube Backup Launcher Compatibility List" both versions of the game work.

I also used to have a wiikey installed, and that played the game (backup) just fine, however the 4.2 update broke that.

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blitzer320 said:
is it the same copy that your using that used to work because it could be a bad dump

Ya, i have tried the copy that worked as well as a different NTSC dump and a differnt PAL dump. All are giving the same error in the same spot.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was gonna tell you even though you tell the pc to burn at 1x its gonna go to a default faster speed that the disc can accept
what brand disc did you try (longshot but.... out of suggestions)

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cobleman said:
Are you pushing "start" to load ?

I'm not quite sure what you mean..

I have tried loading the game through gcbackuploader in the HBC as well as loading though neogamma's loader.

I have tried holding every button (B, A, start) with every method, as well as mashing every button to try and skip past the error.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once it gets to that error theres nothing else but reset i would say try an older version of the custom mios e.g. v3 from waninkoko

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just did some more digging on google and found this:

I'm getting an error on wiigator that says "error 0x53100"

Apparently:

"The read error 0x53100 means disc is not a backup. You put in an original Wii game instead of a GC backup. You will also get the "error occured" screen."

However.. this is not the case.. heh. But it does seem to be semi correct because I am getting the "error occurred" screen.

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blitzer320 said:
do you still have your modchip installed that might be causeing issues if you can take it out

That is what I was thinking, however, I just soft modded two of my friend's wii's last night, and all 3 wii's are getting the error. I am willing to take out the mod chip to fix mine, however I would like to solve this problem for them aswell (both of them do not have a mod chip installed)

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its not the modchip only thing i could say is try a different iso send me the link to the iso so i can see if i can run it on my wii if you still have it

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Load the game iso in Wiiscrubber 1.3 see if it shows (it has to be 1.3 or below to load GC) I have tried a few different combos to try and get the error the only way i know how to get an error is with cioscorp menu ios or rev 15 or 16 ios249

Customhobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cobleman said:
Load the game iso in Wiiscrubber 1.3 see if it shows (it has to be 1.3 or below to load GC) I have tried a few different combos to try and get the error the only way i know how to get an error is with cioscorp menu ios or rev 15 or 16 ios249

Is that a HBC app or something I would run in windows? (Sorry, the message was a tad vague)

Also, blitzer320, I sent you a private message with the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.