Hacking Gamecube controllers on WiiU?

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know there are no GC ports on the WiiU, which sucks if I want to play, say, Super Smash Bros on the vWii. I was thinking it would be really cool if there was some exploit on the WiiU gamepad that would allow it to connect to wireless GC controllers like wavebirds. They're both sensors, same basic idea...right? I really don't know the science behind it, I may be way off, but if it's remotely possible (pun definitely intended) someone should get on that!

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone were to create a Bluetooth controller, which is basically the wii u pro controller, then that would work. But most likely isn't going to happen. A wii remote to GameCube adapter would be another way but how well that would work or if it will work is another question. There may already be one, check Amazon

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
yo, i own that Mayflash adapter. really good!
best way to play with GC Controller on the wii [works also with WII U games that uses Classic controller!]
I recommend it.

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Mayflash adapter is pretty cool, but it doesn't solve the issue of playing GC games with a GC controller :(

hack3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't play GC games on the WiiU, can you?

You know I guess I've never tried since I still use my Wii for Wii and GC games. I just assumed it was possible, though in retrospect I shouldn't have since there is no controller support. I guess it's possible though, judging from the post above.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your idea is way off. Wavebird doesn't use Bluetooth like the rest of Wii U controllers. Wavebird uses radio frequency, a completely different wireless technology.

Mobius006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone were to create a Bluetooth controller, which is basically the wii u pro controller, then that would work. But most likely isn't going to happen. A wii remote to GameCube adapter would be another way but how well that would work or if it will work is another question. There may already be one, check Amazon

Hey,

Anyone who knows about the WiiU bluetooth chip, and how it operates please get in contact with me. I have a project I'm working on that is pretty close to this.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a real pain to set up Devolution though.

The only pain is in the antipiracy stuff, which requires you to use an original model Wii to verify you have the games' real discs the first time you launch them.

But a GC controller + that adapter to connect it to a remote should work in Devolution, since it's basically turning the GC controller into a classic controller which works just fine in Devo. I'd rather use a Dualshock3 or Wii U Pro controller, though, since those are both supported too. But that's just me.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only pain is in the antipiracy stuff, which requires you to use an original model Wii to verify you have the games' real discs the first time you launch them.

But a GC controller + that adapter to connect it to a remote should work in Devolution, since it's basically turning the GC controller into a classic controller which works just fine in Devo. I'd rather use a Dualshock3 or Wii U Pro controller, though, since those are both supported too. But that's just me.

Oh, speaking of Devolution, the AP/DRM won't be an issue for much longer I'm sure, uh, yeah.... As for the adapters, I thought they were hit and miss and not very reliable, at least, that's what I've seen based off the reviews for Mayflash. I haven't had the chance to try them, so, I don't know. I personally have my eyes in the upcoming Nintendont, which is showing a lot of progress and many games are up and running already :D

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anything were to happen, its more likely that people would just make it so you can use wii u pro controllers for the gamecube games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi