Gamecube controllers on new Wii titles (2011-2013)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jos90, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jos90
    OP

jos90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2012
    Italy
    Hi guys! I had the luck of changing with a friend an old Wii system, that kind that has Gamecube ports, with my Family Wii, I've did it to try some old NGC title :P
    Anyway i was wondering if there's a way to let new games, such as PES 2013 and similiar, recognize gamecube controller as Classic Controller. It's a really comfortable controller, and it would be nice that i could use onto new titles such as the one i mentioned. Let me know if it's possible!

Regards, j90

2. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    That's what I wish to know as well. The best I've found are 3rd party Classic controllers which are shaped like Gamecube controllers.

3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
  4. jos90
    OP

jos90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2012
    Italy
    Nice! It's a very intersting adapter, now i just have to find it in Italy XD

5. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yep, MayFlash adapter seems to be your best bet

6. naxil

naxil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2011
    Italy
    i think that: for use a gc controller on wiigames not designed for that, every games need to be MODDED. some games wii only can be played with gc controller (mario kart wii and Smash bros wii).
    I want play New super mario bros with GC controller... but or i buy the mayflash adapter (i think wiimote recognize GC controller like pro controller...).
    I hope in future some coders do this "modding" to wii games...
    I know some games can be played with PRO controller VIA ocarina HACKS