Hardware GameCube Controller Actually Works with 5 Games on Wii U

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
ndd5iYg.png

Most people assume that legally it just works with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U but going by Nintendo's official website, it proves that it's usable with four other games. Which are the following as listed below.

I'd assume other N64 VC games from Wii if they were already compatible with the NGC controller then it'll remain for the Wii U version too. That's whenever they port it to the Wii U.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

loco365

Trophies
XP
I really wish they'd push a new wave of controllers and adapters. I missed out the first time and people are scalping them on eBay for insane prices.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So the wii n64 one won't work, but the wii-u will?
Dunno about the Wii version but you can upgrade to the Wii U for a small fee (kind of a dick move from Nintendo to charge again).
I really wish they'd push a new wave of controllers and adapters. I missed out the first time and people are scalping them on eBay for insane prices.
What about the 3rd party adapter by Mayflash? It's only £10 in UK and the official GameCube (white, Smash edition) is £18.

Adapter ~ http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoG...-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-for-Wii-U-and-PC
Controller ~ http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Multiz...be-Controller-Super-Smash-Bros-Edition--WHITE

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
There hasn't been a new wave? One of the stores in here received a new batch of Gamecube adapter like 2 weeks ago and managed to get one.

loco365

Trophies
XP
There hasn't been a new wave? One of the stores in here received a new batch of Gamecube adapter like 2 weeks ago and managed to get one.
None of the stores here have them .-.
What about the 3rd party adapter by Mayflash? It's only £10 in UK and the official GameCube (white, Smash edition) is £18.

Adapter ~ http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoG...-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-for-Wii-U-and-PC
Controller ~ http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Multiz...be-Controller-Super-Smash-Bros-Edition--WHITE
I do already have a controller, it's mostly that they both basically disappeared at the same time. I may opt for the Mayflash adapter, but I'll have to wait until I have a job. On the side, is the Mayflash adapter compatible with Dolphin? That'd be a very appealing aspect for me.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

I do already have a controller, it's mostly that they both basically disappeared at the same time. I may opt for the Mayflash adapter, but I'll have to wait until I have a job. On the side, is the Mayflash adapter compatible with Dolphin? That'd be a very appealing aspect for me.
It works exactly the same as the official adapter, minus a pc/qiiU switch and a better price.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Mayflash has a switch for the Wii U and PC, so it has the drivers to work properly when connected to a PC.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it just showing the gamecube controller because you can use it on the backwards compatible wii's?

Has anyone with an adapter and a Wii U with the Virtual Console purchase gotten this to work?

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't it just showing the gamecube controller because you can use it on the backwards compatible wii's?

Has anyone with an adapter and a Wii U with the Virtual Console purchase gotten this to work?
Have Kirby 64, so I will try it tomorrow.

edit 29-7: Tried it today, but I couldn't get it to work :/ When I turn on a classic controller (pro) or Wii u Pro controller it would show immediately as usable controller. How many times I have turned of and on the wavebirds that I have, none of them would show up :( So if anyone succeeds, I would like to know how :)

Last edited by PascalLeroi,
Reactions: blaisedinsd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"