Gamecube compiling.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Edgedancer, Apr 13, 2007.

Apr 13, 2007

Gamecube compiling. by Edgedancer at 7:01 AM (1,061 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Edgedancer
    OP

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I have downloaded Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door and it has come in many different files. I read that if you just extract the first file you will get the iso. I extracted it and I got a .rar file but it looked like it would be the right size for the iso.
    Could someone please help me to get this up and running.

PS. I own the game but am currently trying to find the correct drive to rip games myself.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You will likely have a series of files like .r01, .r02 and so on or simply .00, .01 ....
    First I suggest checking them, if they came from usenet you will like have some PAR files around or maybe and sfv file. Take the smallest par file and check them with quickpar:
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Download-0.9.1.0.htm
    If they come up corrupt then grab the bigger par files and use them to rebuild.
    If it came out as another rar file first make sure it is not an iso (various compression programs such as 7zip added iso support not so long ago and use similar icons) if it really is a rar (unusual but not unheard of) then extract it again.

The drive needed is on of the following LG drives:
    • * LG-8164b
      * LG-8163b
      * LG-8162b
      * LG-8161b
    Although you can also use an SD adapter:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=47461&st=0
    Adapter guide:
    http://ngc.scorpei.com/GUIDE-SD_adapter.html
    Have a read of this thread as well:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46979&hl=

3. indiraider

Newcomer indiraider Advanced Member

NOOBS who can't search the forum and ask stupid questions when win rar (Just fucking google it!!!!) will do shouldn't be pirates.

4. Edgedancer
    OP

Australia
    If you look at my post you will see that the end result after extracting it is a .rar file. I have done what I thought was necessary and have come up with a rar file the same size as the iso is mean't to be. I searched the forum before hand and didnt come up with an answer for my problem so give a thought before you make a post like that again.

FAST6191: Thank you for the help. When the file becomes a .rar file at the end I try to extract it again but it says that it is lacking files or something. Thanks for trying.
    I will stick to extracting games from now on.

EDIT: I have just tried to extract a different file and in the extracting menu it says "extracting 3-pmario.iso" so I it should be in iso format but it is still a winrar file.

5. arthurkok2

Member arthurkok2 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    WinRAR associates itself with .iso files, thats why it looks like a rar file, with the icon...

6. jergens

Newcomer jergens Advanced Member

Canada
    I second that, it always throws me off. You are probably just seeing the RAR icon and it's actually an ISO. Try burning it with Nero now.

7. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    It's more than likely it's an ISO with the WinRAR icon, have you actually looked at the '.xxx' extension?

8. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Yeah Windowz by default hides the .xxx extension, you might have to change that option in order to find out what kind of file it really is, the icons alone don't say much....

9. JesterDev

Member JesterDev GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been awhile since I've used windows, but I'm sure you can show file extensions in the folder options menu. Should be something about hide file extensions for known file types - un-check (tick) that option.

10. Edgedancer
    OP

Australia
    Okay. Thanks for the help. I have tried burning it and you are right. I am happy that I know how to do it but I think I will stick with ripping my games in a week or so. Thanks again.