GCN gamecube chip

• Thread starter WW3
  • Start date
  • Views 1,196
  • Replies 1
W

WW3

OP
thinking of modding my gamecube and was wondering where the cheapest chip*including shipping* would be im a bit strapped for cash right now... i'd rather not order from psxbox if at all possible... thanx in advance
smile.gif

jdsony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can pick up the Duo-Q for really cheap (around $15 I think). I bought one used off of someone locally with an ICEDCUBE silver replacement case for $20. It is basically a clone of the XenoGC chip which is also cheap. They don't offer any extra features just booting from DVD backups. Some of the better chips have upgradeable firmware and the ability to load dol files from the firmware without booting to a disc.

It's pretty easy to install. You just remove the dvd-drive and solder it to the bottom. The Duo uses wires the Xeno has solder points that line up to the points on the board. There are 6 wires + 3 more if you want to attach the LED which shows you the status of the chip. I didn't bother with the LED board but might hook it up later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\