Homebrew Gamecube cheats with wode

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started getting my cheat setup for gamecube games together, but ran into a few snags along the way. First I tried getting Gecko OS mod to work. My main problem is I don't have an internet connection, so patchers and installers for mios and cios didn't want to work. Even though there is an sd option, I must not have had the right one, even when I renamed the mios to what the installer was searching for. I did what I could, and when I tried to load cheats for a game, the wii would freeze with a green screen. So I gave up on that.

So then I decided to rehack my wii, using modmii, because why not? After that, I found an action replay app on youtube,
and again there were some snags, but after playing around with it a bit and installing a working Cmios, I got it to boot. I selected codes for a game, and tried to start it, but even though the game was loaded from my wode, th AR still wanted me to put a disc in. I hit eject to eject the iso, and it restarted to the wii menu. I tried it again, this time with the disc in, and it worked. But that wasn't good enough for me. So finally I figured out I could trick AR into loading off the wode by trying to start a game, at which point it prompted me to insert a disc, and then I shut my controller off, which registered it as "unplugged" (one of my controllers does this, the others don't) causing AR to prompt me to plug my controller back in. I then hit the eject button, ejecting the iso, then had to manually load it again, finally making it load the game from my wode, with cheats on. But it only does this if the wode is set to autoload the last game, if it is set to load the wode firmware, it loads when I eject my game iso, returning me to the wii menu. So what I have now is a half assed setup where I get the results I want, just with alot of getting up and down for each game I want to use cheats for.

I briefly glanced at Accio hacks, not fully taking the time to absorb the material. Is there any better option than what I currently have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.