Gamecube backups - red screen? Oo

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lefuden, Apr 5, 2010.

Apr 5, 2010
  1. Lefuden
    OP

Newcomer Lefuden Newbie

Sweden
    Soo, I've got a softmodded wii (I followed the stickied guide) and installed the cMIOS patcher needed for gamecube.
    After starting any gamecube game through Neogamma the screen turns red, but the game works. Anyone else encountered this and how do I fix it? This only happens when trying to play gamecube backups, wii backups works without problems.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Are the games of the same region as your wii?

3. Lefuden
    OP

Newcomer Lefuden Newbie

Sweden
    No, I've got a European (I guess? Swedish) Wii, tried two GC games so far. One is definitely USA, not sure about the other.
    So that's it? I just need to get games for my region? No Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 for me then ._.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You are using a rgb cable i guess. I'm working on fixing some video mode problems for gamecube launching in NeoGamma. The current version(NeoGamma R9 beta 1, WiiGator's cIOS + GC mode internal) may work on forcing PAL576i or PAL480i, but i wouldn't bet on it.

If you use the crap cable, the games should be either working or black & white, depending if your tv supports NTSC or not.

5. Majroa

Member Majroa GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Use DARKCORP, there is a special GC launcher which fix'd the same problem for me.