Gamecube backups on wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MADKATZ99, Apr 2, 2007.

Apr 2, 2007

Gamecube backups on wiikey by MADKATZ99 at 5:49 AM (725 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MADKATZ99
    OP

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    If you had a 1.36gig gamecube iso, and burnt it straight onto a DVD-R without doing anything to it, does it play on the wii with a wiikey?
    Im curious, I know wiikey can play gamecube backups, but I wasnt exactly sure if you had to do anything to it before burning....

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. sdoc96

Member sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Australia
    If it's not a PAL version, you'll need to boot it with a GCOS disc, or make a selfboot multidisc compressed version (best way).
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46229
    Other than that, just burn the iso (or rename the gcm to iso) and that's it, as long as the image is 1,459,978,240 bytes, otherwise you'll need to fstfix it.

BTW, I heard there are some streaming audio problems on the Wiikey, but I can't help you there - I've got a WiinjaV2.

3. MADKATZ99
    OP

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Okay, thanks alot.

Ill have to study up on some of this stuff... I dont have a clue what half the stuff was in that link [​IMG]

4. RobertsD

Member RobertsD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If the region of the gamecube iso is the same as your wii, then yes, you can just burn it onto a DVD and play it.

But, if you want to have more then one game on the DVD, then use the program that sdoc96 linked to.