Gamecube Backups NOT working?!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Ryukouki, Jul 28, 2010.

Jul 28, 2010
  1. Ryukouki
    OP

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Here's the deal... I want GC backups running from my Wii, not much else. Thing is, I'm using NeoGamma R9 Beta 33, with cIOS249 Rev17, and cMIOS provided on the Neogamma R9 Beta test topic. I installed the cMIOS from WiiGator, and have a Gamecube game to play. Thing is, when I burn it, SOMETHING goes on the disk but it says that no space was lost. I used a ton of DVD types, like DVD+R, -R, +RW, -RW, etc. I don't know what's happening, but when I boot from disk, it says DVD Error code 1167.

I know my Wii can run disk backups, its an LU12 system, with 4.2U installed. Someone help!

2. Ryukouki
    OP

United States
    Sorry, new update. Apparently I have a new error. It was a 1202 error and it said it couldnt read DVD-R disks, gonna try another one.

3. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Try booting up the GC disc using the disc channel, or use GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2, that my work...

4. Ryukouki
    OP

United States
    Disc channel? Errrrrrr.... you lost me there XD. As in forwarder channel from the Wii System Menu?

5. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well, if you have WiiGator's cMIOS, it has the GameCube Backup Launcher built in and you can launch from the disc channel on your wii(The one where you boot wii games). If not try to find WiiGators GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2 and see if you can boot from that loader...

6. Ryukouki
    OP

United States
    Well, I just failed. Apparently I still get a 1202 error but it says DVD-R not possible :-(, and something like Drive 2008714 or something along that line. :/

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The read error numbers have no meaning, but the drive's firmware date has.

8. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    First and most important question - does your Wii read Wii games burnt to DVD?
    Secondly and almost as importantly, how are you burning your discs, and what kind of discs are they?

9. Ryukouki
    OP

United States
    I'm gonna test the Wii DVD games later, but no I haven't done that yet. [​IMG] And I burn my DVD-R disks using ImgBurn with 2x Speed.
    Semi-related query but does it have anything to do with DVDx from BootMii? And like I said earlier, I don't even know if the games burn or not because it says its successful but theres no data on the disk. [​IMG] I burn a 4GB ISO to it but it says 4.37GBs available of 4.37 GBs.

10. WiiPower

Germany
    2008714 = July 14th 2008
    That's the date the firmware for your drive was written. I haven't seen any reports of people with a drive that new who could read DVD-Rs on their Wiis.

11. Ryukouki
    OP

United States
    OH... so that means I have a D3-2 drive then, correct? [​IMG] But I thought LU64+ Wiis were the ones that were at risk... my serial was like an LU12... [​IMG]

12. WiiPower

Germany
    The LU64 Wiis were just the 1st Wiis with "issues", you can still determine some issues with the serial, but you need to look it up.

13. Ryukouki
    OP

United States
    Heh that sucks for me. Thank you so much for the info. So at this point, no Gamecube backups, no Wii disk backups. Yay, looks like I'll stick with CFG USB loader! And yes, I'm still VERY new to the Wii, having only gotten it two weeks ago. [​IMG] Thanks for being patient with me! [​IMG]