Hacking Gamecube backups not loading

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble getting NeoGamma/GCN Backup loader to read discs. Burning memorex DVD-R with imgburn at 2x with verify toggled off.
I've tried with three discs now, one a multi-boot and the other two are just regular games. NeoGamma's giving me an error -1051 and Backup Loader is saying there's no DVD.

I used mios patcher with v8 and gcnbackup + wiibackup along with IOS38r17.

Wii's version's 4.1 and it's LU61, loads via USB just fine.

How do I fix this?

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem as well. Still do as a matter of fact. I don't know if its the same exact problem but heres what i did as a solution.

First i put a ntsc wii game backup in and loaded it with the gamecube backup launcher "WII Music" For example.

For whatever reason it recognised it, i don't know why seeing as how it was meant for gamecube games, but i went with it. I Ejected the wii backup, put the gamecube backup in the wii and it loaded it with it working, only having the occasional error of it not recognising the wii backup giving an error in which i reset and tried again to have it work.

Anyways that was my solution, i don't know if your problem is exactly the same as mine was but it sounds pretty similar.

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bladepwnedyou said:
I had this problem as well. Still do as a matter of fact. I don't know if its the same exact problem but heres what i did as a solution.

First i put a ntsc wii game backup in and loaded it with the gamecube backup launcher "WII Music" For example.

For whatever reason it recognised it, i don't know why seeing as how it was meant for gamecube games, but i went with it. I Ejected the wii backup, put the gamecube backup in the wii and it loaded it with it working, only having the occasional error of it not recognising the wii backup giving an error in which i reset and tried again to have it work.

Anyways that was my solution, i don't know if your problem is exactly the same as mine was but it sounds pretty similar.
Just tried that, didn't seem to make any difference..
When trying a real gamecube game, it'll still say that there's no DVD.. and it'll go to a black screen.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DVDx has nothing to do with playing backup games. You need it to playing normal Movie-DVDs.

Use NUS Downloader to grab MIOS v10 and install it. Then use Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.3 Mod and install cMIOS based on MIOSv10 with the included miospatcher. This should do the trick.

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, gamecube backups won't work without cmios. But what causes that his real gamecube games don't work either? That's odd.

I use maxell dvd-r's, had no problems thus fur with GC backups.

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
DVDx has nothing to do with playing backup games. You need it to playing normal Movie-DVDs.

Use NUS Downloader to grab MIOS v10 and install it. Then use Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.3 Mod and install cMIOS based on MIOSv10 with the included miospatcher. This should do the trick.
Wait, there's a backup launcher 0.3? I can only find the 0.2 version..

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found the gamecube backup loader 0.3 (mod?) and installed MIOSv10 via WAD and then used the MIOS patch with v10.
Still didn't seem to do anything ._. still can't read regular GCN discs, either.. plays Wii discs and burnt Wii games just fine, though.

And the GCN discs are burning correctly, Dolphin's reading them properly.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reinstall CMIOS

use Gamecube Launcher 0.2 or 0.3 beta

why would you use neogamma? 90% people just complain about it, use what works well lol.

Wynd

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Install a fresh ios60 from NUS or dopios see if that gets your originals working 1st
And the Memorex get rid of them more trouble than they are worth Ritex are cheap but work just fine

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
reinstall CMIOS

use Gamecube Launcher 0.2 or 0.3 beta

why would you use neogamma? 90% people just complain about it, use what works well lol.

Wynd
Wait, there's a difference between cMIOS and the MIOS patcher that comes with the gamecube backup loader? 'Cause I just reinstalled the mios patch with v10. And I've not been using NeoGamma with these, been using the gamecube backup loader channel.

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
segasaturn said:
Wait, there's a difference between cMIOS and the MIOS patcher that comes with the gamecube backup loader? 'Cause I just reinstalled the mios patch with v10. And I've not been using NeoGamma with these, been using the gamecube backup loader channel.

I did the patching like Dialexio advises in this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141439

and my GC backups work fine.

segasaturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
harmor said:
GameCube backups only work when cIOS rev 14 or 17 is installed.
I have r17, as stated in the OP.

user0002 said:
QUOTE(segasaturn @ Jan 30 2010, 09:01 AM) Wait, there's a difference between cMIOS and the MIOS patcher that comes with the gamecube backup loader? 'Cause I just reinstalled the mios patch with v10. And I've not been using NeoGamma with these, been using the gamecube backup loader channel.

I did the patching like Dialexio advises in this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141439

and my GC backups work fine.
I've used that exact method, yet it's not working. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.