gamecube backups-no DVD in drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by dysan, Dec 8, 2010.

Dec 8, 2010
  1. dysan
    OP

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    so I created my 1st multi game gamecube iso today using multigameisocreator.

I put 4 games on it,shrunk 3 of them and then burned that iso file(the program created) to a dvd-r using nero express at 8x

problem is,neogamma and gecko won't recognize there's a DVD in the drive.
    as I press "launch" they both say "no DVD in drive"

any help with this?
    quick response is appreciated. [​IMG]

2. dysan
    OP

Greece
    tried running baten kaitos 2 though neogamma and even though it read the disk,it freezes on a black screen when it tries to start the game.

on the bottom of the neogamma screen it says that it's running 249 v19 base 57

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  4. dysan
    OP

Greece
    when I select to install the cmios on my wii it says
    "select which IOS to load" or something like that...
    which one should I choose?

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Read the mini FAQ from here:
    http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
    to get gamecube backups to work at all.

Then the Baten Kaitos games are problem games. You need either to fstfix it to 3GB or put it at the end of a multi game disc, or else you will get random errors. (i think it's speed related, even with an usb gecko i couldn't narrow the problem down)

6. dysan
    OP

Greece
    yes,I've got everything set up but I'm asking which IOS to select when the CMIOS installer asks me

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    The best IOS would be 236, if you don't have it try 249.

8. dysan
    OP

Greece
    ok,I installed latest cmios using IOS 249 BUT neogamma still won't read my multigame ISO(which could after all,be a bad burn) but at least it now seems to start reading baten kaitos 2 but a screen(written in the game's....writing style?character font?lol) pops up saying the game disk could not be read and to refer to my booklet for instructions.

I saw somewhere that neogamma uses a specific 249 IOS slot (or something like that) and it won't work properly if you write something over IOS 249...
    well,in order to get COD black ops working I installed 249 v19 base 57 (since 250 didn't seem to work for me)
    could that have screwed up anything?

baten kaitos 2 used to work before black ops but froze in game....at least it worked

9. WiiPower

Germany
    Id you actually get into the game, then the cIOS doesn't matter anymore. It's either the problem that you did not make the .iso 3GB/put it at the end, or it's a bad burn. Or your laser could be dying of course.

10. dysan
    OP

Greece
    I have done the t s g or however it was, with baten kaitos 2 but it would still show random read arrors when playing.
    but it worked so it can't be a bad burn?

which DVD brand do you guys recommend for burning GC ISOS?
    I'm using intenso DVD-R at the moment,and well...they don't really look that good for the job if we count on my experiences...

11. dysan
    OP

Greece
    nah...it's not the laser lens....it can read WII games with no problem.
    if it's not the cIOS then I guess the only thing left is a bad burn?

I'm going out later to buy DVDs,which ones should I get?what brand is best for multi-iso gamecube games?

isn't it a little odd that the multi-game disk isn't EVEN RECOGNIZED by neogamma and gecko?
    it just says "no DVD in drive"

12. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    are you sure your wii can read burned discs? if its a newer wii then you cannot.

try using the old gamecube backup launcher 0.1 or 0.2 to get it to load. did you also make sure to install the cmios with the option to use it in the backup launcher? theres some option like that its been a while since i installed cmios.

13. dysan
    OP

Greece
    yes,my wii can read burned disks.

gamecube backup launcher...any download links for that? [​IMG]
    when I installed cMIOS there was no option like the one you're talking about...at least I think so...gonna check again later.

14. WiiPower

Germany
    They are totally outdated. Also NeoGamma's gamecube loading does work with both cMIOS options, it does not work with Waninkoko's cMIOS. And it does not matter if you have a MIOS installed at all if NeoGamma says "No DVD", because at that point the MIOS isn't touched yet.

15. dysan
    OP

Greece
    IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE EVERYBODY!

today I went out and bought myself some verbatim DVD-R and burned my multigame iso with imgburn at 4x and guess what!

it worked in both neogamma and gecko!
    I didn't even know that there was such a huge difference between dvd brands wtf?

I'm now burning baten kaitos 2 as well and I really really hope it works without freezes this time...

question: gecko doesn't support multigame disks?it didn't allow me to choose which game to boot,it started the 1st one on the "game queue" on its own.
    neogamma allows me to select which game I want to play.

16. WiiPower

Germany
    If you don't do the fstfix stuff or put it at the end of the disc, you will get random freezes. I thought that's common knowledge that bad dvd-rs are bad.

17. dysan
    OP

Greece
    I've never had any problems with DVDs of any brand so that's why I was amazed.
    seems like the WII is more needy lol

what do you mean "put it at the end of the disk"?
    I've already done fstfix with both disks,created a multigame iso with both disks and burned it to a DVD...still haven't tried it though

18. WiiPower

Germany
    The games are physically on the disc in the order you put them on the multi game disc. As you might now, the data on closer to the edge can be read faster -> you want to put speed hungry games(Baten Kaitos) as the last on the disc. The fstfix 3GB stuff does the same.