Hacking Gamecube backups (4.2)

jakl_53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have my wii (evil new 4.2 that can't play wii backups) softmodded and can play my homebrew and all that fine. I understand that I cannot play Wii backups from disk, sad but I can deal. Since it cannot play Wii backup disks at all, can it play GC backups?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just saw a thread in which that question five minutes ago so I know that you could have found the answer by searching, but the answer is NO

jakl_53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. I just saw that thread but didnt read the whole thing so a mod can lock this if they would like.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakl_53 said:
So i have my wii (evil new 4.2 that can't play wii backups) softmodded and can play my homebrew and all that fine. I understand that I cannot play Wii backups from disk, sad but I can deal. Since it cannot play Wii backup disks at all, can it play GC backups?

Why cant you play backups from 4.2 ?
Are you talking about discs or are u talking about from a USB harddrive ?

jakl_53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From disk because I have the new chipset or whatever it is. Im curerntly try to boot from usb loader, but I already searched for a GC USB loader and I already know that is a no, but I wasn't for sure about from a disk.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a 4.2 machine here in front of me and i just loaded both the USB drive and also a disc from the wad i have.

Discs do work on 4.2 if you have the correct wad installed.

jakl_53

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its never worked for me and everywhere that I have read says that Wii's purchased after late 2008 have the new chipset which blocks dvd backups

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can still play GC backups but that requires one of the new generation modchips like Wode. I think also Wiikey fusion and flatmod fusion can do it when they are released. These chips makes it possible to play Wii and GC backups from USB and/or SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol