Gamecube Backup Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Sterling, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Sterling
    OP

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Since the search function is being a bitch, I have to ask a few questions:

1)I don't have mini-dvds, so I want to burn them to a regular DvD.

2) If I can burn GC isos to a regular DvD, will I be able to burn multiple isos to a single disk, and choose one to play in the loader (I am not quite sure of the iso sizes with GC games)

3) Which loader should I use?

4) I already have a 250 Gb hard drive, is it possible to load the isos through my drive (If I remember correctly it's not, but that why I am asking).

I'll ask more questions if I think of any. [​IMG]

EDIT: Also I have read the Backup loader basics, but it doesn't tell me what I need.

2. wiixale

wiixale GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2008
    Italy
    1) Do it, there's no problem.

2) Yes, you can, but take care of these compatibility lists (choose from NTSC-J, NTSC-U and PAL), not every game works from a multigame disc.

3) You can try GC loading in WiiPower's NeoGamma (last stable version - last version (beta)) or WiiGator's GC Launcher 0.2. I use the second, but you can try both of them (the first is still in development, the second not).

4) GC games cannot be loaded from USB (till now).

EDIT: reading cobleman's following post made me remember that I forgot to say you that you have to install a patched MIOS (you can patch it with the "mios patcher" included in WiiGator's GC Launcher pack) or a cMIOS to get games to work properly.

3. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Darkcorps wiigator mios wad seems to work the best

4. Sterling
    OP

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Alright, thanks guys. This is a real help. [​IMG]