Gamecube Backup Launcher Multidisc Swap

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kurisuellegarden, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. How is this done? Is it just by hitting z during the game after you start it with B (patched MIOS)

I'm using 2.0

2. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Honestly, I would like to know this as well. I haven't played up to teh 2nd disc of a gamecube game since this came out, so I am curious as well. Nothing seems to explain it very well.

3. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    The installers I have explain it good enough, unless I'm not understanding it right.

At the GC BUL menu, you have to move the game selection to the 2nd disc of whatever game it is, and then press Z. The "none" or whatever it says next to that in the menu should change to whatever game number the 2nd disc is. Then you switch it back to the 1st disc and start it with B. Now, I haven't gotten here yet in any game, but I believe when it comes time to swap discs, you simply eject the disc and reinsert it and it will swap them. Or am I totally fucking off on this? LOL.

4. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    I would like to know to as i am playing baten kaitos origins now

5. Ok, that sounds about right. I read something about Z button and I tried starting it with B and then hitting Z when the swap disk comes up. o-o Now I know why it says none. xD Thank you! I'm very sure that is it, I'll check on it later and report back to you!

The test dummy is Resident Evil 0! (I already beat it with the original disks, now my friend is playing through my backups and I couldn't figure out how to do it)

6. .d&n

Newcomer .d&n Advanced Member

Australia
    yes skizzo got it right, i have played through REmake using this method

7. I confirm this works. ;D Find the disc you want as the second disc, hit (Z), then go back to the disc you want to start with and hit B (patched MIOS) when it comes time to switching out, just pop it out and put it back in.

8. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Yep I can also confirm this.

@ the OP, you should post this type of question in Wii - Backup Loaders. People that check that sub forum would help quicker.

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Thread moved to Wii - Backup Loaders section..

10. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Yeah, it worked for me too.

If you want an easy way to test if it works for you, first find the first disc and press Z and then start the second disc with B/A/whatever works. Now start the game, and it will almost immediately ask you to switch discs. Now remove and replace the disc, and if it works, it works the other way around as well [​IMG]