Hacking Gamecube Backup launcher - Black and white?

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small problem. When loading up the Megaman Anniversary Collection ISO, the loader screen turns black and white, and scrolls upward. The ISO is the NTSC version, and shrunk with Multigame. I have cIOS installed, and whatever option I choose from the loader, like NTSC, the game runs perfectly, but it's black and white, if I load PAL or PAL60, the game does not load, and I am stuck at a black screen.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
searchitnoob.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, I ran in to this problem too, on a newer wii i hacked.
Yes, i did a search. nothing useful.

anyone know the cause of this issue? And no, forcing region settings in gcbackup loader or neogamma do not work to correct the issue.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the problem is in the cMIOS itself, the only way around it is to burn a single NTSC gamecube ISO onto a disc and load that, then when it loads [in color], switch out the game to the multi ISO game.

play your game in color
biggrin.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, thanks xzxero. i found this out by my own testing about 2 minutes before reading your post, which confirms what I found.

What an odd issue.

Is it only with newer wiis? My launch one doesn't have this issue. I'm hacking my wife's boss's wii right now (brand spanking new, luckily he has a drive that can read backups)

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
lol, thanks xzero. i found this out by my own testing about 2 minutes before reading your post, which confirms what I found.

What an odd issue.

Is it only with newer wiis? My launch one doesn't have this issue. I'm hacking my wife's boss's wii right now (brand spanking new, luckily he has a drive that can read backups)
i think it depends on whatever cMIOS is installed.

im pretty sure installing RVL-cmios-v4-v3.6-WiiGator.wad from cIOSOCORP 3.6 fixes the black and white problem too.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scooter_seh said:
Just use Wiigators Backup launcher 0.3 gamma. It will just load the cMIOS when a gamecube game is inserted.
neogamma loads the same cMIOS too.
the problem is in the cMIOS itself.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
scooter_seh said:
Just use Wiigators Backup launcher 0.3 gamma. It will just load the cMIOS when a gamecube game is inserted.

wow.

um, buddy, not even helpful. in the least. before you answer a question, make sure you understand the issue first.

anyway, thanks xzxero. I wasn't even aware of this issue until now. eh, i won't bother installing the one from cioscorp, i doubt her boss even knows how to make a multigame iso. lol

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i never bother with backup gamecube loading either when im hacking someone's wii.

just the hbc, dvdx, bootmii, trucha, cIOS, SM hacks, and some forwarder channels
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Interesting lol