Hacking gamecube backup launcher 2.0 reboots wii?!

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, here's what's happening:

I installed cIOS rev7, then the cMIOS that fiesty panda provided here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165649&st=0

I then installed cIOS rev10 because I read it would be better, but it got a ticket error (?)

same error when I installed the cMIOS from waninko's site.

This whole time, whenever I try to run my f-zero gx backup, the launcher title screen shows up, the the whole screen flashes green and the wii completely resets itself. I burned the iso onto a DVD+R using imgburn at 2x.

can somebody please help me? I've been working on this thing for a couple of hours now and im getting a headache
wacko.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
I tried that once, but I'll try it again.

I'm pretty sure the problem is I'm using dvd+r's instead of -r. How could I get these to work?

You have to set the booktype to "DVD-ROM" on those when you burn them. This is a known issue with burning Wii games.

Other than that, I don't think there is any reliability difference between the 2 like some will claim. I have at least half of my burned Wii games on DVD+R's. You just have to set the booktype correctly.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
chrisman01 said:
I tried that once, but I'll try it again.

I'm pretty sure the problem is I'm using dvd+r's instead of -r. How could I get these to work?

You have to set the booktype to "DVD-ROM" on those when you burn them. This is a known issue with burning Wii games.

Other than that, I don't think there is any reliability difference between the 2 like some will claim. I have at least half of my burned Wii games on DVD+R's. You just have to set the booktype correctly.

CORRECT! You get a virtual cookie!

unfortunately my burner doesn't support changing the booktype. I tried Nero SpeedCD (I think that's what it was called, but I'm not sure), I messed around with the imgburn settings, but to no avail.
hate2.gif

I'll try to find some dvd-r's at wal-mart tomorrow. I would have gotten some today but MY FREAKIN' CAR DIED!!

I'm hoping it's just that the battery needs to be charged. I'll have to wait until tomorrow
cry.gif

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DL the 0.2 loader for HBC or the 0.1 Xi edition for HBC and see if it reboots on you.

If it does not detect the game then you need to try the Mios install again.

If it detects and loads the game from HBC but still reboots at main channel, then you have a bad channel installation.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
OK, here's what's happening:

I installed cIOS rev7, then the cMIOS that fiesty panda provided here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165649&st=0

I then installed cIOS rev10 because I read it would be better, but it got a ticket error (?)

same error when I installed the cMIOS from waninko's site.

This whole time, whenever I try to run my f-zero gx backup, the launcher title screen shows up, the the whole screen flashes green and the wii completely resets itself. I burned the iso onto a DVD+R using imgburn at 2x.

can somebody please help me? I've been working on this thing for a couple of hours now and im getting a headache
wacko.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong, but screen flashing green and soft reseting sounds a lot like the video mode doesn't comply with your TV. Seeing as you're NTSC, I think holding Y forces video to NTSC? Once you've gotten a proper backup try that.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get dvd-rs today, but I finally found a way to change the booktype to dvd-rom. Had to get a patched firmware from cd-freaks. That place is beginning to become as useful as gbatemp!

I burned the F-Zero GX iso onto a Sony DVD+R using imgburn, and I held down the Y button when I loaded the launcher like Panda suggested, but it still won't work.

The screen stayed green much longer this time (just to get my hopes up
hate2.gif
) then rebooted the wii as usual.

When I tried installing cios rev13b, I selected ios38, selected "network mode", and it would get down to the third row then get an error and force me to restart.

I selected network mode for cmios as well, and it got error -2011 for installing the ticket, but it said cmios was installed successfully.

I'm getting close! I can feel it! I just need a little more help from you guys!

PS- My wii is LU32, not LU64, in case anyone was wondering.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP I am getting sooo anxious! My real F-Zero was destroyed by my dog a few years ago when it was a puppy, and I freakin' love this game!

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
perhaps I should note that I updated to 4.0u using the official nintendo service, and not waninkoko's patched version.

don't know if that matters, but I've been reading about a lot of people who have done that.

...still getting error -2011. wtf does that mean???

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That error code means you're not using an IOS that still has the trucha bug in it. Was IOS38 just the default one listed? If you already installed rev7 before (and it was actually successful) you should be able to just use IOS249 to install it and it shouldn't give that error.

But since nothing seems to have worked to begin with I'm thinking you never got anything installed properly at all.

You need to do something to get the trucha bug back so you can install things again with it either by downgrading and installing an older IOS35 (which can't be done on LU64+/boot2v4 Wii's) or you could try using cboot2 which involves using bootmii, or the easiest way would probably be to use the Trucha Bug Restorer by WiiPower to downgrade IOS15, install an IOS36 with the trucha bug to IOS249, restore IOS15 and then install cIOS normally using IOS249.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
That error code means you're not using an IOS that still has the trucha bug in it. Was IOS38 just the default one listed? If you already installed rev7 before (and it was actually successful) you should be able to just use IOS249 to install it and it shouldn't give that error.

But since nothing seems to have worked to begin with I'm thinking you never got anything installed properly at all.

You need to do something to get the trucha bug back so you can install things again with it either by downgrading and installing an older IOS35 (which can't be done on LU64+/boot2v4 Wii's) or you could try using cboot2 which involves using bootmii, or the easiest way would probably be to use the Trucha Bug Restorer by WiiPower to downgrade IOS15, install an IOS36 with the trucha bug to IOS249, restore IOS15 and then install cIOS normally using IOS249.

yikes... I think I'm going to stay away from the TBR.

I selected IOS35, and it brought up something about ios36 and downgrading or restoring ios15... not to mention that long disclaimer that said it could brick my wii
blink.gif

I think I'm going to try the "ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide". But I only have a 4gb SDHC microSD in an SD adapter, and I can only format it to FAT32... Let's hope THAT doesn't brick my wii as well
frown.gif

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
PROBLEM SOLVED

I DID have to use the Trucha Bug Restorer!

once I got all the wads that the "how to use" guide pointed out, here's what I did:

1. when it started, selected ios15
2. downgraded ios15
3. installed ios36
4. restored ios15
5. ran cIOS36 rev8, installed via network(worked first try!)
6. ran cMIOS rev3, installed via network (got error first try, tried again and it worked!)
7. ran gamecube backup launcher 0.2... SUCCESS!!

another snag I ran into was my dvd burner didn't support changing the booktype... after a little while, however, I found some hacked firmware thanks to cdfreaks.com (reminds me of gbatemp, but more pc-oriented!)

I burned the F-zero iso onto a DVD+R using the DVD-ROM booktype, and JACKPOT!!

I've been working on this for so long, I can't tell you how happy I am!
grog.gif

props to GBATemp and all those that had to put up with me!
grog.gif

Sorry for being such a n00b...
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb