Hacking Gamecube Backup Lancher Xi and Softmii 2.1

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything went fine... I could run GC backups when I installed the Softmii but after I installed the new the new MIOS patcher, the game won't even read. Any help with this? It can run if I use HBC and select the program though but just does not run on the disc channel.

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Golfman560 said:
You have to enable the option to run games through the disc channel when using the MIOS patcher.

When you have the options and are supposed to hit A to install, hit X and then A to install.

Actually I did that already but it still didn't work. It turns out I had to disable the GC option in the preloader and all works fine after BUT now I can't run my original GC game (not backups) properly. The game runs fine except no video is being displayed just sounds.

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 3.2U for sure. I can get the everything working (all games) except my own original NTSC gamecube games working.

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiigators's v8 with the backup loader option. I found that I can run my old Gamecube games only if I selected the backup launcher (gamma) from the HBC and I kept it around just in case. It seems that when I run it from disc channel that, it loads the Gamecube Backup Loader and the typical errors shows but no video is being outputted. Now when I ran the Wii Backup Loader in the HBC, it did the same thing but instead it stayed on the green-coloured part longer and then it loaded the game fine. I tried tinkering with the preloader also but none of the systemhacks did much.

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late response but from the result of taking off the backup loader option from MIOS is that now when I try to run my gamecube games (original), it can't even read the disk!

bonfire83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same problem, the disc loader acknowledges that there is in fact a gamecube game in the drive, but when I press start it won't play.

hooha23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here. Trying to run legit copy of Paper Mario (just to test) and it will not work. Uninstalled/Reinstalled custom mios with and without loader support. No luck.

Any help would be appreciated!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse