gamecube backup error 1189

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ollepoll, Aug 4, 2010.

Aug 4, 2010

gamecube backup error 1189 by ollepoll at 9:49 AM (3,480 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ollepoll
    OP

Member ollepoll GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    so, I already hacked my wii, have hbc, IOS249 and hermes cios and I decided to try gamecube backup launching.
    My Wii is the oldest series (old chipset and drive, bought at release date), not chipped and system menu 4.2E updated via nintendo.
    I used mios patcher with version 9 abd when it didn't work with version 4 (and pressed x during installation) and burned a multiboot backup (2 ssx games and 1080:Avalanche) on a dvd-r and a dvd+r.
    When I try to launch the game via the system menu (disc Channel) I get a blackscreen with: an error has occured...).
    When I launch it via Neogamma it tells me error 1189 or 1208 or asks if a dvd drive is connected (used loader internal and mios).
    And in the gamecube launcher v.0.2 I get a green screen.
    after wasting 2 dvd-r and 1 dvd+r I decided to try all particial games with Dolphin and one game didn't work with an error which I think means a broken file.

Do all dvd's not work because of one broken dump, or do I have another problem.

€dit: I don't have a memory card inserted, could that be a problem?

2. ollepoll
    OP

Germany
    my drive is a sony dru-710a with the latest firmware and I burned the disc using imgburn at 2x Speed

€dit: Installed cmios v.4 and tried all neogamma settings, still no luck

€dit²: I use dvd-r from intenso (these are the dvd's on a german page)

3. ollepoll
    OP

Germany
    Please, does nobody know an answer?

Does the one game break the whole disk?

4. M tha MaN

Member M tha MaN GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    No it does not!

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

Get the latest NeoGamma, the cMIOS from that thread and get cIOS37rev19. Then delete the config file from NeoGamma or just delete the whole NeoGamma folder on sd card if you can't find it. This ensures that that there's not a software problem as these are all software variables when loading GC games.

If you still get read errors i would bet it's one of these:
    - Drive is not backup compatible, the latest NeoGamma would tell you that after the read error if it was the case
    - DVD+R not bitset to DVD-R
    - Bad burn

Only high quality media + 4x or higher burn speed, don't feed your Wii with bad or crappy burns.

PS: There's also a GC multi game disc tool in that thread, which i use myself => works 100% with NeoGamma

6. ollepoll
    OP

Germany
    Is there a special cios 37 or do you mean cios 249 with base ios 37?

Isn't a slower burning speed better?

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    cIOS37rev19 describes perfectly what i mean, there aren't two different things that can be desribed with that term. And no burning slow was true in the ps2 era, now it's burning fast, because modern burners and media not just support it correctly, but require it nowadays to get good results.

8. Lenneth

Newcomer Lenneth Advanced Member

Belgium
    I'm using a GameCube multiboot DVD-R with 3 ISO on it and it properly work on NeoGamma-R9 beta 36 with the cMIOS v10 (patched MIOS 10) and Waninkoko's cIOSX Installer rev20b with the IOS249 in base 38.
    The three games work fine (in NeoGamma I'm using the MIOS mode).
    I'm using MultiGameISOCreator GC 3.5.4f to make my gamecube multigame ISO image.
    I burned this DVD-R with ImgBurn on Philips DVD-R in 4x speed.
    With GameCube Backup Launcher Alpha I got a lot of problem so I deleted it because NeoGamma-R9 beta 36 is very better to boot GC backups now.
    My white Wii is a 4.3E Wan firmware.

9. ollepoll
    OP

Germany
    what exactly does that mean, he says "Currently this doesn't support booting with a patch MIOS"
    and: "Select 2nd disc with 1/Z, if no 2nd disc is selected it is auto detected"

€dit²: I already burned 2 discs both at 2x speed both with same programs. both with these errors

I now also tested the rev20 "easter egg" and it gives me an error

€dit³: my wii has the serial number leh10122