Hacking Gamecube Adapters Skewed Input

mpkostek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U through Loadiine gx2 on my 5.4.0 Wii U and noticed that every few matches or so, the controller input gets skewed, and my character will just continually move to the right or left. The only way to temporarily fix this is to unplug the controllers and plug them back in. I thought the issue was with my Mayflash GC to Wii U converter, but I bought a brand new Nintendo brand GC to Wii U converter and get the same issue. When it happens, it happens across all four controllers. So I don't think it's that. I'm using two original gamecube controllers and two new super smash controllers. Has anyone else ever run in to this?

Edit: I've seen something called GC to VPAD, what is that? Do I need to use it?

Last edited by mpkostek,

mpkostek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the gc controller? If the same issue is ongoing with both adapters, maybe is it the controller?
When it happens, it happens across all four controllers. So I don't think it's that. I'm using two original gamecube controllers and two new super smash controllers.

FreshFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It happened to me too. There seem to be two scenarios where it happens, and I've only encountered it in single-player: #1: If you hold a button or a direction at the beginning of a match, the controls will mess up. This is almost guaranteed. #2: If multiple enemies spawn, such as when you play Horde Battles or All-Star Mode.

My solution was to using a different controller when playing All-Star Mode and avoiding Horde Battles as best as I can, and if needed for an event or such use an alternate controller. I don't know if there's any other solution to this. At least it doesn't seem to affect regular Smash battles (at least not for me).

mpkostek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happened to me too. There seem to be two scenarios where it happens, and I've only encountered it in single-player: #1: If you hold a button or a direction at the beginning of a match, the controls will mess up. This is almost guaranteed. #2: If multiple enemies spawn, such as when you play Horde Battles or All-Star Mode.

My solution was to using a different controller when playing All-Star Mode and avoiding Horde Battles as best as I can, and if needed for an event or such use an alternate controller. I don't know if there's any other solution to this. At least it doesn't seem to affect regular Smash battles (at least not for me).
My problem occurs with all game modes :/

m157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this issue happen alot, most of the time when i see it, if ANY input is happening while the GC adapter is inserted, it will mess with all the controllers on that adapter, fix it by re-plugging the adapter and make sure nothing is being pressed

Hope that works for ya...

Idk why it posted 3 times...

mpkostek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get this issue?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this an issue of playing the game as a backup? Would buying a legit copy of the game fix this?

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had this problem on my original copy of it. It's either the console or the backup copy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr