Hacking Gamecube adapter?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[23:33:28] <JMC47> it requires some kind of init signal to function as an HID device
[23:33:36] <JMC47> so; it doesn't work on PC
[15:18:56] <skid_au> aww, the official gc adapter requires an init command sent to it before it will function like a normal hid adapter :(
I'm going to go with "not for a while" IE until someone decides to mess around with the adapter to get it working.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I know it just came out, so I don't expect anything yet. Just wanted to express interest for using this on PC. Anybody know if someone is planning to write a program or if it's even possible?
With patience someone will make it work eventually and I too would love to use this GameCube adapter on the PC.

A Spanish guy seems he'll be working on making it compatible with Nintendont so while Nintendo doesn't give it official support which they should at least there's always the homebrew community that you can count on.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not hacking related but there's a line on the Gamecube controller box that suggests that the GC controller with work with other games. This is the line. "When used with a Wii U system, look on the back of Wii U game packaging to see which games use the Gamecube Controller."

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not hacking related but there's a line on the Gamecube controller box that suggests that the GC controller with work with other games. This is the line. "When used with a Wii U system, look on the back of Wii U game packaging to see which games use the Gamecube Controller."

Wii U game covers with the GameCube controller? Guess it must be new upcoming games because all of them either have the GamePad, Pro Controller, Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuk or the Classic Controller.

Another way of testing it out is by going through different Wii U games and see if the GameCube controller reacts to it.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii U game covers with the GameCube controller? Guess it must be new upcoming games because all of them either have the GamePad, Pro Controller, Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuk or the Classic Controller.

Another way of testing it out is by going through different Wii U games and see if the GameCube controller reacts to it.

I unfortunately can't do this as i don't have the adapter. I only had enough leftover money to preorder the GC controller. So someone else that has the adapter will need to try that out.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I unfortunately can't do this as i don't have the adapter. I only had enough leftover money to preorder the GC controller. So someone else that has the adapter will need to try that out.

I'll be doing it myself too when I get my NGC adapter arrives.

Please work with Mario Kart 8. Please work with Mario Kart 8... and then it doesn't. lol But let's hope it does.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only works with smash-u it doesn't work in wii mode at all it won't even detect it.
From what I've read and seen, it presents itself as a bog-standard HID device but doesn't actually send or receive data until it gets "activated". People have been able to use it in Nintendont by first starting Smash and then loading up homebrew, since it is still enabled from Smash. On my computer it says it's a USB HID device with an input and output (so controller data + rumble) but doesn't actually respond to anything. If we can find out how to enable it on PCs it should "just work" in theory.

Reactions: Kargaroc

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... a PC driver that sends the command. This doesn't actually sound that difficult. I'm sure it'll be hard in the beginning but this sounds like something that in a year (or less) will be "download this, install it, and then the device is plug-it-in-and-play".

For Wii homebrew its even easier as you have lower level access to the USB plugs and can just activate it like Wii U software does. I guess Linux is also in that same boat.
I presume a homebrew could also be made that allows Wii software to be controlled with the pad as well.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can't happen soon enough as I really want devo and nintendon't with Wavebird support on WiiU..............I don't think it will take to long once it gets in the wild and some of the Wii HB pros can play with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)