Gaming Gamecrippling Red steel 2 glitch

faralar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find any references.

I've just started playing Red steel 2 and a short while into the game you get a mission to blow up a number of trucks. I blew up all trucks apart from 2 (not sure which ones), I have found the 2 last ones but I can just walk through both of them and the other one looks like it's shrinking. Don't know if the version of red steel 2 that is out is the final product or not but I'd say this is quite a major glitch to have. Has anyone else experienced this problem? (I have the PAL version)

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The whole blowing-up deal is pretty much a bonus mission and not essential for the completion of the game, and I did not find all of them in either of the two playthroughs I have had of the Jackals chapter. So do not worry, this will not prevent you from completing the game. I am not sure about the mission to blow up the first nine trucks though, but you can find more than you need to reach that goal before completing it.

faralar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's a bit of a relief...But I'm still a bit bummed out by seeing such an obvious glitch in such an awesome game...

excalibr

Trophies
XP
Country
SPOILER

I think I've come across a game-ending glitch.
After I finished all the missions in the ghost town Songan mentions the tunnel to the train is open, however when I go down the tunnel the door is still blocking the way, with no way to open it.
For the ppl who have passed this - how did it look when you went down the tunnel? Was the door just open?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
excalibr, I'm at the same issue. The tunnel isn't open when it says it is. Can't continue at this point... I wonder if I'll have to restart the level from the menu... (don't make me!)

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Looks like restarting the level from the beginning is the sucky solution. The door should simply be open, it's not something you hit A for.

Posts merged

harveychan said:
Do Yall want the official fix for red steel 2?

What do you mean?
Haha Go Buy THe GAME!

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
harveychan said:
Hooya said:
Looks like restarting the level from the beginning is the sucky solution. The door should simply be open, it's not something you hit A for.

Posts merged

harveychan said:
Do Yall want the official fix for red steel 2?

What do you mean?
Haha Go Buy THe GAME!

So the gltich doesn't exist in the retail version?! If so yay! getting the game in my mailbox at the end of the week!

excalibr

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah definitely a game worth buying...I'll probably buy it later but this week I'll be getting a PS3 just for God of War III

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend's come across a pretty big glitch too, it sounds similar to one of them posted here, but I'll post it anyway:
*Spoilers maybe?*

QUOTE said:
After the first fight with Shinjiro the Warlord, you have to exit via the same way you come in. You go through the delapidated Kusagari house to the big iron door with the console with a yellow button on it. The light is flashing red, and the button cannot be pressed, hence you can't open the door to progress.

This is in the retail version of the game.

SuperLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Assassination said:
its in the retail glitching up like this?
Defintely seems that way unfortunately :/

EDIT: Thank god you can restart the levels. My friend didn't know that and he was all about to just restart his game.

Really lame that Ubi released a game with so many crippling glitches. It seemed so promising otherwise :/

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is by far the buggiest game I have EVER played. The nunchuck frequently gets "stuck", there are multiple game ending glitches and loads of just normal glitches that should have been fixed in beta testing. When you return to the beginning part of the map in the Jackals chapter (the first full chapter) it always triggers the thugs heckling the sheriff character, even when they aren't there anymore. Just little things like that. Totally not polished. Still fun, but a little more care taken in development and it could have been a better experience.

It's a shame really.

By the way, I can't find all the trucks either. Missing one. Can't find it anywhere. I wonder if there isn't a glitch keeping it from appearing now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX