P3rf3ctVZer0 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does this work without soft-modding?

2. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    there is a lot of misinformation and speculation going around. This is exactly the same as installing an NSP convert, no more no less. It is just more convuenient.

3. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    ISO is an image or master/gold copy of something now you can create your own of course but ISO is still an image that needs to be burned or pressed on to a medium to be able to be used

XCI is a container as it can open and be read by a player and is ready to use. Like MKV/MP4 are containers that you can place different types of video codecs that can be played by any player that can read these codecs

4. YamiPanda

YamiPanda Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Might be a dumb question but does it work on a vanilla console without CFW ?

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Curious.. after it installed directly to my Switch. Can I find this dump from my sd card and save it on my PC hard drive store or external hard drive ?

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Tell me about it! I’m fully aware of the confusion surrounding xci and injected certificates, sharing etc.. that’s why I had that thread shut all about donor certificate sharing many got confused with the method getting it completely wrong and receiving a ban, it got very messy I still get a lot of private messages today about how to do it. I wasn’t sure whether this might of been a different method than a basic nsp conversion, seems not.

7. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, you're right i guess.
    I forgot that you can convert NSP's to Xci.
    Thanks for correcting me.

8. CrimsonWesker

CrimsonWesker Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    So when this installs, how does it appear? Like a tile on the homescreen? and you just boot and play like normal?

Veyr handy and simple tool if so.

9. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    where can i order the game card adapter?? never Mind found it and just order it SMILE! :)

Wrong one its Gamecard holder for micro sd Oops

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    this app just install directly to sd or nand instead of dumping it to xci file

but interest a game card adapter that has store backup games that you could change with a sd card

11. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No, you can also mount an ISO in a virtual drive. Like you can with XCI on SXOS.

There are also programs that can read from XCI, as there are programs that can read from ISO.

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Gamecard_Format

Known internally as "XCI" (NX Card Image), this is the format used for storing the contents of a Nintendo Switch Gamecard.

12. axiomjunglist

axiomjunglist Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @TeconMoon still willing to give it a go? If so please report back your findings!

13. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    please do not encourage others to get banned. it will not work.

Evildood likes this.
  14. TotalJustice

OP TotalJustice GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yes it will appear like a normal title on the homescreen.
    It does not sorry, it will require cfw, and if it’s atmosphere that you’re using, it’ll also require fs patches (sigpatches).

15. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nice release! Probably a stupid question, but could this be used as a way of bypassing the update to the game card reader that's on firmware 4.0.0 and higher, if your system NAND is on 3.0.2 or lower? Would it be possible to install, for example, a game card of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate to an SD card or emulated NAND, and then run it on the emulated NAND (with the required firmware version) while keeping the "no gamecard" patch on, or is this not possible? Thanks in advance, and thanks again for the release!

16. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Fan

Saudi Arabia
    I love how the avatar is very expressive on how much effort was put into this :rofl2:
    Awesome work, nonetheless :grog:

17. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
    Developer

United States
    Pet peeve: it's not a NAND chip on the Switch, it's an eMMC. Either refer to it as such or call it the USER partition.

Complaints aside, awesome tool. It saves me the round trip of nxdumptool -> goldleaf, which is an improvement in my book.

18. TotalJustice

United Kingdom
    I considered it, however I kept it as Nand because i feel as though most users see internal memory as Nand. I didn't want to confuse anyone with the correct naming.

Though i am most likely going to change the name to System memory as this is what is displayed in the data management section in the settings, which I also follow when displaying the free storage space in-app.

chaoskagami and satan89 like this.
  19. deejay87

deejay87 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi
    are there any temporary files during the installation on the micro-sd ?

20. TotalJustice

United Kingdom
    The way it works is that it writes to a “placeholder” file, after writing to that file is successful, that placeholder is registered. My app automatically deletes all placeholders on startup, so if there were any temporary files left over from a unsuccessful install (from my app or other title installers), they’re removed.

So it only writes the exact data it needs to when installing, and cleans up should anything fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installer, gamecards, Gamecard