Gameboy Micro, Interested.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by SavageWaffle, Mar 19, 2008.

Mar 19, 2008
  1. SavageWaffle
    OP

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Im usually into NDS Hacking/Flashcards. But now, im taking it old school. I was looking for GBA Flash Cards that are Under $60 i guess. I found out the Supercard. And im looking looking for a GBA for Lite, for like original. And will an Original GBA Game(Official) fit in a Gameboy Micro? I havent paid much attention to the Gameboy Micro since it came out. And will a Supercard, be reliable?
    NVM! Actually I need advice. A good reliable GBA Sized Flashcard. Really good features. Under $100.

2. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    m3 slim SD or M3 miniSD are your best options for gba playability (so i've heard). or if you have a ds, you can buy a gba sized EZV 3in1 exp pack (assuming you have a ds flash cart, if you dont, then dont get this), load games onto the pack from the DS, then play'em on the micro

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Wrong. The OP asked for a GBA flashcard under $60.
    I would recommend the EZIV miniSD. I have the card and its awesome. It has the best GBA compatibility but iffy NDS compatibility (which doesn't matter since you're using it for GBA). There is not one game which I'm not able to play and if I can't play it I can either patch it with GBATA or rename it into a 8.3 filename.
    Every single one of my 100+ GBA games run perfectly without glitches.

And suggesting an EZV 3 in 1...? That's just stupid.

4. Chief_Second

Member Chief_Second GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've done this. a shiny green gb micro with 70+ games loaded + nes, gb, gbc, sms emulators and the gba movies (pokemon/turtles) this is the same as a micro sd supercard i beleive and has 90% compatibility with all size roms.

works a treat with cyclo mini sd which is exact gba cart size. i used a 2gb card and can fit s#it loads of stuff on it.

don't us the m3 sd as it's too big (sticks out of the gbmicro) and only runs roms over 4mb.

5. Chief_Second

United Kingdom
    this is the card i used - cost me £15 from an amazon seller 6 months ago

[​IMG]

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    £15 is a good price for a gba flashcart, useally they are more.

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I thought those were just clones of the SuperCard MiniSD...?

But, if I were you I'd buy an M3 Mini SD to complement your Gameboy Micro [​IMG]

8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    so it's not a good idea to recommend it...

9. Chief_Second

United Kingdom
    I've owned the m3 cf card, the m3 sd card but never tried the m3 mini sd so they might be right? the ones i tried work with any gba game below 4mb - which is about 5% compatibility.

tomorrow, i'll do a youtube vid and post a link to show you my one working with all the functions.

10. Chief_Second

United Kingdom
    the mini m3 sd pokes out (as below - found on google) - the supercard minisd or the cyclo mini sd fit very snug.

[​IMG]

i'll get some pictures on mine tomorrow

11. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Well, I use an M3 Lite with the GBA shell, and that fits flush with the Gameboy SP/Micro.

They're only a quater (0.25 USD) at KickGaming.

[​IMG]

So, if you're concerned about the flashcart being flush in your Gameboy Micro, buy an M3 Lite.

12. methodone

Newcomer methodone Member

something to keep in mind are the two main types of gba flashcarts

flash-based carts (have an internal xxx-mbit of storage)
    PRO: Games load instantly
    CON: limited storage space, have to use special PC client to (usually slowly) add/remove games

memory card-based carts (take SD / miniSD / microSD)
    PRO: can hold zillions of GBA games. adding new games is quick (just copy to the card)
    CON: slow loading times. expect about 1 seconds per mbyte. so a 8mbyte file might take 10 seconds, a 32mbyte file might take 30-40 seconds to load. also a delay when you turn the card back on, since it has to copy the save file back to the SD.

ezflash IV has a nice balance between the two...you have an internal 256mbit(32MByte) of flash...and you can either run games directly from the miniSD (with loading times), or copy them to the flash in advance (takes a bit, like flash-based carts), and then they load instantly.

13. Supah Eirian

Newcomer Supah Eirian Advanced Member

United States
    I use a EFA Simple 512, no RTC which is ok for my gaming needs. I've got 8 roms on it and it fits well in my GB Micro (just like a normal cart). It paid $50 for it, but I've seen them going for about $30 on some sites now. Hope you find one you like! [​IMG]

14. Gman 101

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Wow you're in the same position as I was two months ago. Eventually I got an M3 Perfect Lite. It still hasn't come in the mail since I ordered it 2 weeks ago (gameyeeeah is a bit slow, as well as easter holidays), but it's the best, and it's under $100. I know that bamboogaming.com is pretty good (they're pretty fast from what I've heard)