Gameboy Micro: Factory 460 maH Battery VS 600 maH aftermarket battery! [Video/charts!]

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sweis12, Dec 30, 2016.

1. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis

I was interested in buying a new battery for my gameboy micro. I had purchased my gameboy a couple of months ago and the battery looked to be in pretty rough shape (See the video). I went onto eBay to purchase a new one. On eBay I saw two different models advertised. A 460 maH and a 600 maH version of the battery. I purchased the one labeled as 600 maH, assuming it was just the 460 maH wrapped in a different shell. Once it arrived, I put it to the test, head to head against my original! The results were extremely surprising.

(Either watch the video or view the spoiler for the results + summary)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Purchase link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/600mAh-OXY-...188824?hash=item3ab8d6cfd8:g:vc4AAOSw3mpXKldv

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yeah, without saying anything on what you actually have, that's the trick used by the battery fakers -- even if the 2500 you paid for (which somehow has the same exact size as the original 1200) is actually a 1000 and wears out way too fast, it will still feel like an improvement on the 1200-worn-to-700 original :)

3. sweis12
    OP

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    If enough people want me to, I can buy a new 460 maH and compare that to the other two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice