Superfly Don't Used
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is it possible to charge a GameBoy Micro using a DS Lite charger? Are they even the same shape?
I ask because I can only find Famicom coloured ones online, and they won't have a New Zealand charger.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to charge a GameBoy Micro using a DS Lite charger? Are they even the same shape?
I ask because I can only find Famicom coloured ones online, and they won't have a New Zealand charger.
No, they aren't
frown.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hm? The way I understood it, GBA SP and original DS share chargers. While GameBoy Micro and DS Lite share theirs.

Could be wrong though. Hard to find solid information about things like that, as sadly few people care.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone saying that the DS Lite charger is about half a centimeter shorter or longer in length than the GBM charger, enough to make them incompatible. Or maybe I was hallucinating, hehe.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I know, it's unfortunate. A detailed list of hardware for which systems works on others would be incredibly useful.

Funny enough... Some region Genesis 2 units use the power supply connector from a Genesis 1, while others have one like Game Gear.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
basically, so far there are 2 maybe's, 1 no and someone talking about a game gear... meaning it's probably unlikely
smile.gif

^ beaten to it

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
What do I do for step 3?
BTW that wont work because it doesn't change the voltage, the crarger is 110v, and we use 240v here. The charger will fry.
And a step down transformer costs like $50NZD.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheMan: that was me
smile.gif
I have both systems, the Micro definitely uses a different charger to the DS Lite.

To anyone around here who imported DS's: is it possible to use a locally-brought charger with an imported console? I might be wrong, but it is my understanding that the consoles themselves are identical, any voltage-jumping craziness is handled in the charger. If that's true, you could buy a Micro charger in New Zealand and it should work with the imported US Micro without needing any transformers. But find someone who knows first, I don't want to be responsible for killing a Micro!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action...