GameBoy Micro 39$ at Wal-Mart!?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Satummoo, Nov 12, 2006.

Nov 12, 2006
  1. Satummoo
    OP

Newcomer Satummoo Member

United States
    First I found an amazing website, for all of the black-friday sales. Go here http://bfads.net/adscans/ and D/L the PDF of the walmart ad and in page 2, it's advertised for 39$! Unless i'm missing something, please point it out so I don't look like a total fool. [​IMG]

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    [​IMG]

thats what it says... weird [​IMG]

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    [​IMG] Even the PSP have a decent price!! WTH?

4. edgeblade69

Member edgeblade69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wonder if EB/GS buy those back? I don't see them listed on their site, nor the independent list of trade in values.

Well considering SPs sell for $80-90 usually and EB only gives $25 for them, I'm guessing a Micro would only net $10-15 if that.

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    WTF! lol, here in aus you have to sell at the price you advertised dunno if its the same there but if it was you could catch a huge bargain. or like buy 50 and sell them off XD

6. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    At that price I wouldn't mind one for collection value.

7. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Same here, I wish they hadn't decided to sell the GBM at 100$/€, that was pretty stupid.

8. MasteryodaX

Newcomer MasteryodaX Member

United States
  9. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    holy crap, thats awesome! I hope the same prices get over here soon! [​IMG]

10. MasteryodaX

Newcomer MasteryodaX Member

United States
    so the obvious question is does anyone know wich flashcarts work with gba micro and are there any compatability problems?
    I only own an m3 lite so I doubt that will fit in there [​IMG]

11. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    There was an issue with older Supercards, as well, but I think that got cleared up.

12. johnnywalker

Member johnnywalker GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    I use SC SD Mini + Mini SD Kingston 512 MB and it works almost perfectly to me. I love my new GB Micro, after having GB Color, GBA, GBA SP v.1 and NDS I dare say GBM is one of my best handheld (except NDS [​IMG]). I can not help waiting to play it (battery is charging at the moment).

Perfect machine [​IMG]

13. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    It's a pretty nice thing yes, easily to take with you and stuff. Don't like the build quality though, but that might just be my micro. Also I don't like the shoulder buttons, if you press them on the edges they will not work. Also the volume which you can't change before turning the thing on is a bit of a downer. But the display is very nice, the accu is good and well, it is small. [​IMG]

14. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Woe NOT be on the one who finds a similar price on an online shop [​IMG]

15. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    This is amazing! I've really been wanting one but couldn't justify it since I have 2 SP's and a Lite. After playing the DS Lite and getting spoiled by it's brighter screen, it's hard to play my old SP without noticing it. I'm pinching pennies right now though so I won't be able to get it. [​IMG]

16. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Trust me mthrnite just get a GBA SP2 (the one with the briter screen) I was so happy when I Went from my micro back to a full sized screen

17. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yeah,
    i got really excited when i saw them over here for £40.00 i bought one and regret it so badly.i f you already have a lite DONT buy one. DONT !!!!!!!!!!

18. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Hey, its only $40!!! I'm getting one for the hell of it lol.

Edit: After scouring the net to confirm this price, it appears that these are prices for the "Black Friday" sale after Thanksgiving Day. Damn, WalMart is PACKED every year when that sale hits. Last year I saw a guy with a basket full of TV's, like 6 of them lol. [​IMG]

19. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yah I saw these about well within the last week when posted as I've had that bfads site posted for fun. I nearly always avoid that stupid crap as the lines of angry, greedy, foolish people are too much to stand.

I just sleep in, and if I'm bored go in around 10 or so and see if anything worth a crap is left. I may try the same this year for the GBM. I had a free Famicom model one but the screen got this weird dime sized fade effect circle on it...and then earlier this week I accidentally stepped on it changing the effect to a crush mark (oops.)

I could barely justify one for $50, at $100 they pissed me off, but for $35-40 I may just replace it as the screen maybe small but it's easy on the eyes. I just don't like having to have the game stick out of my DS Lite, nor have that plug floating around waiting to go missing.

20. Timo710

Member Timo710 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Lets put it this way : if your flashcard doesn't fit in your DS or DS lite , it wont fit into your GBM.Also www.gameboy-advance.net tested flashcards with the GBM a long time ago , I suggest you check over there.

Was that damage on the Famicon faceplate or on the screen itself , else you could buy a new GBM and put the faceplate on it [​IMG].