GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tempting but... The screen. It's so small.

I think I'll stick to my GBA SP II.
happy.gif

darkpaladinmfc

Trophies
XP
Country

happy.gif
Backlit Version

In North America in September 2005, around the time of the Game Boy Micro's release, Nintendo released an improved version of the Game Boy Advance SP featuring a backlight instead of the previous version's frontlight. The brightness can be set to low or high. The box says, "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen!" to distinguish the new model from the older, frontlit models. Although it was never officially differentiated from the original SP by a different name, is has been unofficially titled the 'SP Lite' (dubbed so because of the release of the DS Lite) or the 'SP2', or 'SP Mark II' (as it is a second SP). The standard editon currently comes in three colors, Pearl Blue, Graphite, and Pearl Pink; Also available are the SpongeBob SquarePants edition, as well as a red SP with Charizard engraved on the front and a matching green SP with Venusaur engraved on the front (for Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, respectively).

- From Wikipedia

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country

happy.gif

Backlit Version

In North America in September 2005, around the time of the Game Boy Micro's release, Nintendo released an improved version of the Game Boy Advance SP featuring a backlight instead of the previous version's frontlight. The brightness can be set to low or high. The box says, "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen!" to distinguish the new model from the older, frontlit models. Although it was never officially differentiated from the original SP by a different name, is has been unofficially titled the 'SP Lite' (dubbed so because of the release of the DS Lite) or the 'SP2', or 'SP Mark II' (as it is a second SP). The standard editon currently comes in three colors, Pearl Blue, Graphite, and Pearl Pink; Also available are the SpongeBob SquarePants edition, as well as a red SP with Charizard engraved on the front and a matching green SP with Venusaur engraved on the front (for Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, respectively).

- From Wikipedia

ahhh, i see
hmm, how much are SPs goin for these days?
either version
cus my GBA is fooked, and with my G6, i wanna get a few GBA games that link to me Cube, but obviously cus the DS doesnt have the right port i cant do it

(my GBA battery bit is feck, except for when i use my MadCatz battery pack/grip, but now the wire to charge is has snapped, lol)

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that like $55-60 USD tho? I picked up two of these (I live in the USA) for $35 USD each on black friday
smile.gif

Konamix02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice I got one from ebay for $54 a week ago. I like it. Now I dont look like a dork when I pull out a game. It looks cool lol. Mainly because everyone is used to seeing there little brothers with the SP. This one girl thought that is was a camera lol.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh, looks like it's pulled out of the site. That said, has anyone been reading the news in the UK recently about people finding coupons that allow 60% off or something?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You non-middle easters should be grateful you don't have to pay 120$ for a Micro... :'(
There's an arcade machine where you can have the chance to a GBA Micro, PSP, MP4 player or Digital Camera. It's this machine called Stacker or something. Anyways, the 60% thing was something for those online coupons that's reserved for special customers and a website leaked it and the public went spending crazy.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh, looks like it's pulled out of the site. That said, has anyone been reading the news in the UK recently about people finding coupons that allow 60% off or something?

Comet have probably sold out of them. The actual Comet stores may have them in. I've been hearing plenty of "offers" on the internet, where online shops have made a mistake. The best one was the woolworths web site they put on a 37" HDTV LCD Samsung TV for £150. Whoever typed the price in should have put in £1500. Woolworths had to sell them at that price. I could see someone ordering as many as they could and selling them for £1000 each on ebay
laugh.gif

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
You non-middle easters should be grateful you don't have to pay 120$ for a Micro... :'(

There's an arcade machine where you can have the chance to a GBA Micro, PSP, MP4 player or Digital Camera. It's this machine called Stacker or something. Anyways, the 60% thing was something for those online coupons that's reserved for special customers and a website leaked it and the public went spending crazy.

I'm quite sure you're not talking about this...

But what exactly are you talking about?

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
Those stacker game are such a tease they are so close yet so far away!

Its just so temping to keep playing and playing.

But seriously don't play them you never win and the odds against you a higher than jimmy hendrix at woodstock

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Comet have probably sold out of them. The actual Comet stores may have them in. I've been hearing plenty of "offers" on the internet, where online shops have made a mistake. The best one was the woolworths web site they put on a 37" HDTV LCD Samsung TV for £150. Whoever typed the price in should have put in £1500. Woolworths had to sell them at that price. I could see someone ordering as many as they could and selling them for £1000 each on ebay
laugh.gif
I don't believe this is actually the first time that Woolworths have made such a mistake, but I believe that this time they refused to sell them.

Now where is this kind of info leaked from...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

laugh.gif
I don't believe this is actually the first time that Woolworths have made such a mistake, but I believe that this time they refused to sell them.

Now where is this kind of info leaked from...

Word of mouth, I've not seen anything about it on the internet. Woolworths had to sell them at that price, something to do with the terms and conditions.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
The weakness of the aus currency confuses me!

Madbob I hate you that is one hell of a sexy deal I hope more cheap micros start appearing. They are handy for that quick game when your out and about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr