1. PRAGMA

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Can we move the bios into the /gba roms folder? dont like the way its mixed in with other stuff in /switch

2. I do appreciate that this emulator port is out, Jakibaki has had a lot of help with certain fixes as well but the truth of the matter is this. Jakibaki from the beginning has stated multiple times he doesnt know how to fix certain things. Please do not get your hopes up with game fixing or this emulator working up to par with actual hw. This project has always been about being a quick fix while we wait for Retroarch to update their libraries to work with later firmware. If you are having issues, dont expect them to get fixed, if you cant understand that, then im sorry, its already been said, you just didnt read. I'm talking to you Jason L and those like him..Just stop! If you want to help, either learn programming, or if you already know how to program, offer to help, here's a link to the source: https://github.com/jakibaki/gdkGBA .... otherwise you guys just look silly begging for fixes

Last edited May 20, 2018
  3. D0ct0r

D0ct0r Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm not sure why this happened, but Iwas playing this emulator all day yesterday with little to no issue, but when I added 2 new games, all my save data across all my ROMs was deleted. All the progress I made on everything was gone. I'm not sure if adding the games caused it, but it happened after I did it.

4. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

Puerto Rico
    I just hope @jakibaki is having fun while learning with this project. I get that impression since he keeps updating and seems eager to fix some of the problems we are experiencing. If thats the case it's a win win that doesn't harm anybody and keep us all busy while wating for atmosphere/retroarch. If that's not the case please jakibaki let us know. Your work has been amazing so far and we don't mean to bother you with request/bugfixes.

5. CaptainPumpkinhead

Newcomer

United States
    Seathasky makes a good point. Thank you @jakibaki! We all know you didn't have to do this, but you did, and we appreciate it. Thanks! :)

6. jakibaki

OP jakibaki GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    thanks for letting me know! I'll fix it in the next version

7. Hell yea! Jakibaki is the man!

JJTapia19 likes this.
  8. Stercate79

Stercate79 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you should make a github page.

Madman55 likes this.
  9. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

Puerto Rico
  10. Irxboxkilla

Irxboxkilla Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    On v7 and v8 I get game pak error on all roms

11. Madman55

Madman55 Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    What games in particular? I'll try looking into it and see what the issue could be

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[​IMG]

Is this the screen that shows up?

Irxboxkilla likes this.
  12. Irxboxkilla

Irxboxkilla Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    that would be the one

13. sakuraslight

sakuraslight Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    edit

Last edited by sakuraslight, May 22, 2018
  14. Hernie

Hernie Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Why isn't this in the Homebrew app store? Wouldn't it be easier to update through there? Forgive me if it is in there now. When I looked a while ago, it wasn't.

15. Madman55

Madman55 Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    Seems you're getting popular ;D

Deletedmember448668 likes this.
  16. ownedlol

ownedlol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, just wanted to report on something I found that could potentially fix crashes(?), it'll definitely help with sprite loading issues if you do know what to do with the information. In the Minish Cap and FireRed there are two locations in each game that overlay a fog layer on the entire screen which prevents you from seeing anything, you can still move around perfectly fine if you know the layout etc. Turns out the emulator NO$GBA had the same issue, and it was relatd to "transparent issues" and "sprite layers". Sort of speaks for itself but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post here.

Unfortunately I am unable to post images, so you can look up "Pokemon Tower Fog" and the first result should display what it looks like. The transparent looking one is how it's supposed to look like, and the thick fog is what the game looks like now.

17. SuperSpiny64

SuperSpiny64 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Can you add doc support?

18. It's a port.. read below

Last edited May 21, 2018
  19. SkyAeolus

SkyAeolus Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There's the toxicity everyone loves. (If it wasn't intended as toxic it sure came across as so)

It worked somewhat in earlier versions, but I wouldn't expect it from this emulator. Jakibaki even said this was quick so he could play games on the switch and isn't a permanent solution. Retroarch will make it's way eventually.
    However I am super grateful that JakiBaki is taking this as a time to learn and hone his skill. I know I couldn't do that. Our best option is to wait for now my man.

SuperSpiny64 and ownedlol like this.
  20. Maybe you're just sensitive :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emulator, GameBoy, Advance