Game!

Ladbrokes-Game-On.png

Game! Game! Game!

Boy! What a time to be a gamer! EVO 2015 done, SGDQ was just last week and now it’s Gamescom’s time. Oh! And don’t forget the imminent release of the ever cryptic ‘Ironhax’. It almost feels like we’re having all the fun!

Gamescom 2015 sure taught us how to be impatient. What with new trailers of Final Fantasy XV, Quantum Break and Dark Souls III, to name just a few, we’ve got reasons to be pumped about these upcoming games. But we can only drool over their trailers for they are... trailers.

f_20140910-110453_gamescom-logo.png

Microsoft’s Gamescom announcements also included the release of Rare Replay. Announced earlier at E3 for the XBox One, this one might have had many secretly cursing Nintendo. With several of Rare's hit games coming for the XBone, Nintendo fans might be feeling somewhat deceived by the developers of numerous iconic N64 titles which have garnered so many fond memories. But they are not to be blamed either. Rare's cofounder Tim Stamper said in a recent interview that he has no idea as to why the big N didn't acquire the studio when it could have and secure some pretty compelling exclusives. In this way Microsoft did what Nintendidn't. Well, at least they are spreading the love. And so should we!

Rare-Replay.jpg

In other news, our fellow temper smealum has been hinting to a 3DS homebrew exploit via the free Ironfall Invasion demo from the eShop. Take it as a kind of heads-up before his method is actually revealed and Nintendo forcibly taking said demo down. Everything else is still shrouded in a mist of secrecy and mystery. But if you ever want to enjoy homebrew on your 3DS, you’d better heed to his tip. What we can do in the meantime is only speculate about its possible applications and impact. How will it actually work? Will it help stop the ridiculous pricing of Cubic Ninja, making it obsolete? And what of 3DS homebrew? Will it grow as exponentially as with the DS? What does homebrew mean to you? Are you satisfied with emulators? What do you make of all this?

jy71ZCd.png

It’s the time to be a gamer. How are you celebrating being one?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ohh boi, the Gamescon Demo of MGS PP made me hyped! FOB Fights, Animu posters for the base and PUPPIES! The game sure is gonna be good from all the footage that was shown. Plus with that, the game release got pushed forward for PC, from September 15th to September 1st. Gaming sure is gonna be fun with games like MGS. Persona 5 and Mario Maker this year. Other than that, its cool that there's a free hack for the 3DS, more emulators is always a good thing to have but other than that, i don't care about homebrew (RegionFree is an awesome homebrew if we can call it that way).

Reactions: Prans and CathyRina

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really the recent development of Rare Ware is what makes me exited the most. If I had an XBO I would've picked up Rare Replay right away.
Then again, I am going to spend the entire September playing MGSV and then the entire October playing MGO.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3DS scene is finally growing, and I like smea's work, he has done a lot. He and others found exploits and are using them, which I appreciate. Soon the 3DS scene will grow way bigger.
I love homebrew, because you can do a lot with it and it's legal, also I love it because everyone can build a program/game or port some.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
@GamerzHell9137 I'm hyped too for MGS V TPP! With the E3 trailer Hideo Kojima sure passed on his message loud and clear. It will be his last game at Konami. It will be his masterpiece. It will be gaming at its best. I'm also excited about The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes. A truly unexpected game to be released this year.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@XrosBlader821 hehehe, I know how you are feeling about MGS. It can't come sooner.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Procyon you got the exact point about homebrew. It's legal and allows people to develop on their beloved console and also share their work for other gamers to enjoy. That's what I call a real gamer celebration!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night