Game won't work

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Youkai, Jun 15, 2008.

Jun 15, 2008

Game won't work by Youkai at 12:54 AM (1,373 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi,

I am new to PSP so i ask pretty much like some might have noticed but now i got a new problem

I have now already 2 games that won't work.
    I have firmware 3.90 M33-3

When i try Mai Otome i just get some japanese message (i believe its about loading like with all the games) which won't let me go on, and i tried every possible option to click.

And Flow, i get a black screen and nothing happens. It won't even let me back into the PSP menue i need to force shut down the PSP and even this takes unusual long.

Do i need to update the firmware or what is going on ?

2. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try this: While turning on the PSP, hold the right shoulder button down. You should get a menu. Go to CPU Speed, and change the UMD/ISO Speed to 333. Then press back, exit, and try to run your games.

3. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    When you turn on the PSP, press select, and change the ISO to M33 DRIVER. If that doesn't work try what solange said and go up to 333mhz.

4. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hmm its already set to M33, could that be the problem ?

-----

hmm setting to 333 doesn't work at least for flow ... still won't do ...

5. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know for a fact fl0w only works with the Sony UMD driver.

6. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    thanks that worked XD

7. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's not truly a fact... it depends on who rips it to some extent. I've had some games like Patapon that only work on Sony NP9660, but if I get it elsewhere it has no problem working on M33 as well. So it also seems so slightly depend on where/who you get it from.

8. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Honestly, its a LOT easier to get a really cheap UMD game and stick it in your UMD slot and leave it there, so you don't have to mess with the no UMD modes. My local Fry's had a bin full of the game Exit for 2.99. Well worth the price of the convenience.

9. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've only had to change my UMD mode ONCE and that was for Patapon. A game I didn't really like, I was gonna change it back, but it worked with all the other games so I didn't. Is keeping yourself from pressing select and the d-pad a few times REALLY worth $2.99? (Although Exit would be worth it at that price..)

10. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I would think that getting a cheap UMD is worth it, just to keep it in the UMD as a failsafe if no-UMD doesn't work for some reason. Then again, those who have the demo-disk doesn't need to do this.

The only problem about using UMD mode is the fact that it's always spinning. When it spins, it drains the battery faster. Better to use the no-UMD mode and load off the MS - lasts longer. Still, I went and got myself BoF3 from a second-hand shop - cheap, and does the job I want of it, if I need it. BoF was a good series anyway - been playing the BoF4 eboot.

11. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I woulder never consider a cheap UMD worth it.
    I mean, you should have one select UMD that you keep within your system (preferably a game you play often, or whatnot) that you have purchased, because this is room saved, and if you play it often, it's 'always' room saved.

I could consider having 2~3 perhaps, but past that if you're just picking up cheap ones, you're still paying for games AND you just essentially wasted money when they're free.

If you want to look at it in a legal way and you only download what you own however, then you're talking about a whole different ballgame, and buying them cheap is a great idea.

12. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I personally have a few games that I bought before modding my PSP (Tales of the World, Castlevania, then Crisis Core later), and one of those is always in my UMD slot. My point was that the UMD Required mode has a pretty much perfect compatibility, so that way you don't have to switch through the no UMD modes and figure out which game needs which. A 2.99 price tag versus a 29.99 one, for much of the younger crowd without a disposable income, this is much more of an option (and Exit isn't a bad game, especially at that price). Even though Crisis Core is in my UMD slot, I haven't played it since I beat it, and I actually played it off of my memory stick to reduce load times.