Hacking Game won't start - how to check?

infiniter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What happened so far: downloaded LEGO City Undercover (LCU) with WiiU USB Helper. Then tried two things:
a) Converted to Loadiine format, copied to SD (wiiu\games\), ran Loadiine Loader. It would not start the game, not even display the cover/icon. But folder was correctly named and I could do some settings. The I compared the game folders content to another game and saw that the \code folder of LCU has no *.rpx file in it while all the other games have one. OK, perhaps a conversion error.
a) Copied the downloaded files to SD card (root\install), ran WupInstaller and it wouldn't list the game, while it would others. The folder is named like the WiiU USB helper names it and has all the files and also title.tik. So I thought perhaps the ticket is not valid and found the Tik Changer tool to check the ticket of the game, but it only said "Initial byte from ticket was wrong, aborting".

Then I searched further, and WiiU Ticket Info, but it crashes when opening the title.tik. What can I do now?

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why use loadline? Use your USB helper " original download.. Put it in your SD card & put the downloaded game in the install folder & install it using WUP installer!... Using you're Hard Drive.... As it's about 20 Gigs..... If the games have a" tm" at the end of the title or (R)... Type mini icon (I don't have these icons on my phone) Delete Them Or Simply Rename that folder to i.E "" game."" .. .... It's going to work... It did for me.... Install all you're games using WUP installer... It's what I did.. & I have them all....

Last edited by SuperDan,

Roquentin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm having a very similar problem - when you mention the icon that's a problem - just to be clear, you mean in the main folder name, not the text inside tik file, right?
My folder names have been the game title and " [ ] " with the title ID inside (eg - The Wonderful 101 [000500001012dc00] ) - which seems to work with some, but not with others.

infiniter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just renamed the folders to i. E.. " 1" or "2".. Keeping it simple
Well, if you put several of them on the card, that's easier to distinguish as 1, 2 etc. ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having a very similar problem - when you mention the icon that's a problem - just to be clear, you mean in the main folder name, not the text inside tik file, right?
My folder names have been the game title and " [ ] " with the title ID inside (eg - The Wonderful 101 [000500001012dc00] ) - which seems to work with some, but not with others.
Yes, main folder. The game itself will most likely be installed with a name from with some of the files in the folder.

Reactions: Roquentin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body