Litrydow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I kinda fucked up. :mthr: So, here's my story:

I downloaded a FF IV Complete Collection ISO that was freezing on cutscenes, but I could make through it by loading the game and getting there again, and for some reason it wouldn't freeze this time. The cutscenes usually happened after I saved, so I didn't care that much. But then I got to a cutscene after 2 boss fights, and... it froze. :cry:

I googled about it and found a simple tutorial that people claimed that would help: patching the ISO twice with Prometheus, once on ME631 and then on 05. I did it. Then I tried playing the game, and it claimed the save file was corrupted. :nayps3: I deleted the ISO and downloaded another one and tried playing it, but it claimed there was no save data. I found out my old ISO was european (it had the code ULES01521), while the new one is US (ULUS10560), so that's why.

Basically, here's 3 questions:

1) If I follow that tutorial to uncorrupt save datas caused by firmware upgrades, will it work in this case?
2) If I download the european ISO again, will I be able to load my save data?
2) How do I stop the freezing without being unable to load my save data?

I'm running a PSP 2000 on 5.50 Prometheus-4.

:yay: Thank you for your time.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i recommend 2 choice paths get the european iso and upgrade the psp if the save works good if not well...... anywho on pro-b7(i think i had when it came out) i encountered no freezes

there is probably some way to make the Eur save work with a ISO save but i dont know

Litrydow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After a lot of hard work, I managed to get another Eur ISO. Even the one I had downloaded before suddenly had turned Jap. :ninja: Almost all versions available were Us and Jap, goddammit.

Anyways, I'll try updating as you said. However, I'm a little not up-to-date on how to do this stuff, so I googled a bit and found totally different tutorials claiming contradictory things. Can I use Recovery Flasher to update to 6.20 HEN and then to 6.39 PRO? Some tutorials claimed that I needed the Oficial 6.20, but that doesn't make sense to me.

---EDIT----

Ok, forget that. I managed to update to PRO B10, and my save file didn't corrupt, thank God. And more importantly, it seems that it's not freezing anymore. In case it does freeze again, I'll just post here in this thread again, but for now, thank you, the firmware was really the problem. :yaypsp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.