Hacking Game updates issues on classic mode (N3DSXL GW3.1)

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a problem with game updates.

Hello, I own a N3DSXL on 9.0EU sysNAND and on 9.5.23EU emuNAND, using the GW with the OOT exploit.

I have an issue with a few games, which have updates : Pokemon Omega, Smash Bros...

When I first installed emunand on my N3DS, I selected for example the Smash Bros ROM and did the 1.5 update through the eshop. When I play Smash with my GW, the Smash update is taken into account, no problem.

But, when I'm in classic mode with my retail cartridge, the N3DS ask me to update the game, it seems the update is not taken into account.

Same thing for Pokemon X, Pokemon Omega Ruby...

For Smash I don't care, as I haven't played with it a lot, so playing with the updated rom isn't an issue, but for Pokemon, I need to play on classic mode with the latest update to go online.

Do you have a solution ?

I also tried installing the updates from CIA files, they're taken into account in GW mod as well but not in classic mode.

Is it safe to update a game with the retail cartridge while in classic mode ?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english (not my mother tongue).

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answers. But my sys & emuNand are linked, is that a problem ? Must I unlink them before doing a game update in emunand classic mod ?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran the SSB update through eShop in emuNAND and am playing without issue in Classic Mode with my retail cart. I also don't have a game backup I'm playing in GW mode though. Don't see the point in wasting the drive space when I can just pop the cart in.

NeoShadow7366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answers. But my sys & emuNand are linked, is that a problem ? Must I unlink them before doing a game update in emunand classic mod ?

take out your MicroSD card and reformat your sysNAND and this will unlink them and also get rid of the issue of having to unwrap your e shop content every time you launch emuNAND. Make sure you take out your MicroSD card!! !!!THE ONE IN YOUR SYSTEM NOT YOUR RED GATEWAY cart!!!

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks all :)

One other question : to do a system transfer from the O3DS (sys9.2 emunand 9.5) to the N3DS (sys9.0 emunand 9.5), both sysnand and emunand must be unlinked on both devices ?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, the member is in emunand CLASSIC MODE, updating SMB should be fine.

Thanks all :)

One other question : to do a system transfer from the O3DS (sys9.2 emunand 9.2) to the N3DS (sys9.0 emunand 9.5), both sysnand and emunand must be unlinked on both devices ?

Both emunands need to be on 9.5.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an interesting situation I had not thought about. Cia files do not work in classic mode but game updates are cia files.

I take it from the responses that game updates installed in emnand will be applied to retail carts in classic mode.

Does it make a difference if the game update was installed from eshop or by BBM?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an interesting situation I had not thought about. Cia files do not work in classic mode but game updates are cia files.

I take it from the responses that game updates installed in emnand will be applied to retail carts in classic mode.

Does it make a difference if the game update was installed from eshop or by BBM?

The cia updates are legit so why it needs to be installed again is something strange. Its using the same emunand partition but it doesn't see the update was previously installed in gw mode. Could it be that because the update was done in GW mode, since Gw bypasses certain check points?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality