Hacking Game Update Not Pushing Through

dokgu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed a couple CIA's and when running them there are games that need some updates installed. I just proceed with installing them because most of the time they're just really quick updates.

On two occasions though (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate) the update seem to be fast, like 3-5 seconds but when I run the game it asks me again to update. To me it seems like the update just doesn't push through.

Is this normal? Should I just ignore this?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think that might mean the game isn't for your region. Make sure the cia you installed is the same as the region of your console.

dokgu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of region games will work as well but you need to get the update in CIA format.

Ah I see. I was given the impression that regions don't matter with CFW. If I re-install the game using the correct region, will my save game be deleted or can I continue with it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah I see. I was given the impression that regions don't matter with CFW. If I re-install the game using the correct region, will my save game be deleted or can I continue with it?
Regions matter somewhat, only rxTools has region free built in but CIAs are usually region free patched anyway.
You can dump the save from the old (out-of-region) and the new (in-region) CIA with SaveDataFiler, copy the extracted files over from the old dump to the new dump and import the new save back into the CIA in order to move your save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte