GAME UK blackmails publishers to release games on Steam later

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
BlueStar said:
Seems you don't even have a basic grasp of what the accusation was in the first place.
The accusation that never happened. That's my point.
It cannot be blackmail if nothing was ever said.
Give me one scrap of proof that it happened.

The accusation did happen, it happened on the neogaf forum and elsewhere.

Nice attempt at a backpeddle, anyway. You don't refute an allegation by challenging the definition of the crime when you're maintaining the crime didn't take place anyway. You misunderstood what the accusation was (or what blackmail was), and now you're trying to pretend you didn't. Either that or you just started throwing a non sequitur about for no reason.

It's like someone saying

"This guy accused of murder, I was under the impression that murder was killing someone deliberately"
"What, so you're saying he killed him by accident?"
"Oh, what, no, I just meant he didn't kill him at all, the killing never took place. Obviously."

D

Deleted-188346

BlueStar said:
Puppy_Washer said:
BlueStar said:
Seems you don't even have a basic grasp of what the accusation was in the first place.
The accusation that never happened. That's my point.
It cannot be blackmail if nothing was ever said.
Give me one scrap of proof that it happened.

The accusation did happen, it happened on the neogaf forum and elsewhere.

Nice attempt at a backpeddle, anyway. You don't refute an allegation by challenging the definition of the crime when you're maintaining the crime didn't take place anyway. You misunderstood what the accusation was (or what blackmail was), and now you're trying to pretend you didn't. Either that or you just started throwing a non sequitur about for no reason.

It's like someone saying

"This guy accused of murder, I was under the impression that murder was killing someone deliberately"
"What, so you're saying he killed him by accident?"
"Oh, what, no, I just meant he didn't kill him at all, the killing never took place. Obviously."
Sorry, wrong wording, the supposed events did not happen. The accusation happened, the actual event did not.
Anybody can make accusations, however, if there is absolutely no evidence, then nobody should just outright assume that it's true.

And you don't need to go into great detail about what backpeddling is. I wasn't backpeddling, I just didn't get my point across clearly (thus the misunderstanding with Antoligy).
I'll man up and say that I didn't exactly make that clear.

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Aug 27 2011, 07:10 PM)
And no, it wouldn't work because Amazon are actually innovating and expanding into different markets. They even have their own digital distribution setup (Amazon Appstore for Android).

EDIT: It's too early to say whether the source is reliable or not. The majority of discussions are based upon the presumption that it is indeed true.
It would work with Amazon, because Steam is still a competitor, at least for the gaming division of Amazon. Just because a company is expanding into the same territory as a competitor (and not just sitting there complaining, like Game), doesn't meant that there is no possibility that they would do what Game supposedly did.

I find this whole thread just ridiculous, that people are presuming that it's true because...a random guy said it's true.

Toki~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Amusing, I work at GAME and this is the first i've heard of any blackmail or dodgy dealings, plus never been told to take stock off the shelf unless we have ran out of copys to sell. Everyones welcome to their own opinion but i do think some people are getting a bit overexcited about this >.> If you don't like the place then don't shop there simple.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Toki~ said:
Amusing, I work at GAME and this is the first i've heard of any blackmail or dodgy dealings, plus never been told to take stock off the shelf unless we have ran out of copys to sell. Everyones welcome to their own opinion but i do think some people are getting a bit overexcited about this >.> If you don't like the place then don't shop there simple.
Did you get the memo about buying 3DS stock from Tescos? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-...-3ds-from-tesco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1