PS1/2 Game Too Big for USB - Help Please!

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play a fan-translation of "Kingdom Hearts II - Final Mix+". Currently, the only method that I have to play games is via USB. Unfortunately, the game in question exceeds FAT32's 4GB file size limit.

I tried splitting the game via USBUtil 2.0, but with no real idea of what I'm doing, I may have done it incorrectly. I was using the tutorial on psxscene, but had a lot of trouble understanding exactly what I was supposed to do.

I already own the US version of Kingdom Hearts II, but have always wanted to attempt a Critical Mode run, and fight the dozen extra bosses in the game. I know that the remastered version comes out soon, but I don't have a PS3 to play it on.

Could somebody please explain to me how to correctly set this game up to play it?

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFlare69
The size of the USB drive is irrelevant. The drive has to be formatted as FAT32, which has a limitation on how large an individual file can be. KHIIFM is larger than that limit, meaning that even though the total space on the drive is far more than enough, the FAT32 size limitation prevents the game from going onto the drive without splitting it into multiple smaller files that are each smaller than the limit. My issue was originally trying to figure out how to split the game into smaller individual files that would go onto the drive.

Anyways, I got it working, then got a network cable a while back so I could just play it that way. It works much better, much more so than even my normal retail disk. I had a bit of an issue around Olympus Colosseum, but it turned out that I had a bad ISO and had to replace it. Everything's working now, so I don't need an answer anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all