Hacking game switcher for gba not working for DS

sona1111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my constant search to expand the DS capabilities, i was looking for something that let you plug in two slot-2 expansions in at the same time. I needed the functionality of the ezflash 3 in 1 and the storage space of the MMD. The only information at all i could find on this was the gamester game changer. While it was listed as only being for gba SP (seemingly because of the form factor) , i figured it was pretty cheap i could get it, take out the insides and think something up.

When i did get it, this did not seem very hard to do. Inside there was a (rather large) PCB with the three input slots, a switch wired on the side, and the output slot, attached by a short fat ribbon cable. although i have not found a reliable way to attach it, i currently have other problems. It seems to be missing functionality somewhere, somehow. For example, i can use the rumble on the 3 in 1 and i can copy things to its RAM, but i cannot actually boot the gba games from it, it freezes. with the MMD, i can vied the files with dual slot browser, but i can not launch moonshell from it. (i can if i take it and plug it in the slot by itself right after)

This baffels me, arnt the game slots of the GBA-SP and the slot2 of the DS the same thing? Why would this only be partially working? Any way to make one on your own?

thanks for reading.

sona1111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i understand this. What i mean is, if i turn off the ds, plug in the MMD, and turn it back on, it works.
If i turn off the ds, plug in the game switcher with the MMD and the MMD selected, then turn the ds back on, it does not work.

i know its not hot swappable. :wtf:

sona1111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the suggestion but it did not solve the problem. Looking into it further their are some even weirder issues. Using the gbaexploader to load to psram, warioware (the original) works fine. Trying to load super monkey ball jr displays a weird error on screen. Some othe rgames work fine while others have white screens with weird sounds coming out. It all seems completely random, yet consistent if i try to load the same game again. I have yet to get the MMD to work at all. Could one of the wires being disconnected on the pcb somewhere be causing issues like this? it as my understanding that if one wire is disconnected it would not work at all, but maybe not?

weird...

sona1111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am guessing something is wrong with this device in the pcb or wires somewhere...

does anyone around here have electrical knowledge who can tell me how to make something that simply switches between two gba cards? I have the two card readers, the card plug in, wire, a switch, solder...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol