Game (-series) with long story?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by markvn, Aug 28, 2010.

Aug 28, 2010
  1. markvn
    OP

Member markvn GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hello everyone!

I have a question: Do you know a game, or game-series, that have a long story?
    And if you know one, can you give a link to the story? (if you have one...)
    Then can I put the story togeter as an ePub, for reading it on iPhone.
    I already did this with Kingdom Hearts, which has a, as you might know, long story.
    I really enjoyed reading it, so I hope anyone can help me???

Thx in advance!

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    How about you look at novelisation of games. I can recommend the Alan Wake novel and also the Mass Effect ones, even though they are not the main story. Unfortunately, unless you have played the games, you generally miss out on whats going on because imagine the Uncharted storyline that really require player input to move it along.
    One thing I can recommend would be the dreams from Lost Odyssey. Its called "A Thousand Years of Dreams" and they are really well written. They are Short stories but they will leave you thinking about them for much longer.

3. shyam513

Member shyam513 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You Might Want to Try the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7, it has several games, a film, and a few novellas involved, and I'm quite sure it's as long, if not a lot longer, than Kingdom Heart's four, soon to be five games. You can find a basic plot summary of the whole series here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Compila...nal_Fantasy_VII , as well as more detailed plot info in the links on the page

4. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    You can try the Xenosaga trilogy.

Only 3 games (duh, thus "tri"), but each of the games are pretty long with the main focus on developing the plot. I thoroughly enjoyed all 3, the third being one of my favorite games.

The series was originally set to be a 6-game series, but due to bad revenue on the second game (which is by no means bad, just less favored over the first and third), the third is the last.